At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for timely and accurate processing of the Bank's complex Payroll for three individual companies, according to pre-established processing dates. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing interface files to ensure all files are processed properly, which includes analyzing, preparing, and communicating to business partners and third party vendors. Responsible for leading all tax updates, which includes responsibility of preparing all test scripts, leading the testing, and coordinating the installations. Develops and provides the Payroll Department and business partners with required/ ad hoc reports. Responsible for all pre/post Payroll jobs streams throughout each pay cycle. Participates as a key team member for all Payroll projects, which includes responsibility of preparing test scripts, testing, and communicating all changes to the Payroll Operations group. Analyzes all Payroll system related issues and changes, and follows issue to resolution.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
Business liaison between the Payroll department and the Payroll provider ADP. Analyzes all issues and either resolves the issue correctly within the Payroll department or knows when to escalates complex problems to appropriate parties for quick resolution. Recommends changes to the Payroll systems to help streamline and improve processes.
Responsible for all incoming and outgoing interface files according to pre-established processing dates. Reviews files for accuracy and communicates issues to business partners and third party vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves interface issues, including
Responsible for ensuring all pre/post Payroll job streams throughout each pay cycle are completed and ensure all transactions are posted correctly and balances to the Bank’s General Ledger.
Must have an understanding of all accounting and auxiliary system requirements to ensure accurate reporting. This includes W-2 balances, tax filings, banking requirements, benefits and pension/401k record keeping.
Business liaison between the Payroll department and the timekeeping provider Ceridian. Complete understanding of all state and federal labor laws to ensure the system is programmed properly for accurate overtime reporting. Recommends changes to the timekeeping system to help streamline and improve processes.
Develops/writes ongoing Payroll reports as well as adhoc reporting as needed. May train Payroll personnel in report writing.
Key team member for all Payroll projects. Responsible for all preparing all test scripts, testing, and communicating changes and key project dates/milestones to the Payroll operations group.
Sets up new earnings and deduction codes as needed, analyzing the requirements to ensure the mapping is correct for all Taxes, 401K, and GL and Special Accumulators. Communicates all new or changes to earnings and deduction codes within the Payroll Group
Assist in security access maintenance for the Payroll system and all related systems used by the Payroll department.
Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Worked with multistate Payrolls.
- Worked with multiple vendors.
- Field of Experience
- Experience with ADP EV3, ADP Benefits, ADP Garnishments, ADP Payroll Taxes, Ceridian Timekeeping, and pension/401k record keeping.
- Knowledge of all federal, states labor laws and tax reporting.
- Administrative/Technical Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Payroll, Payroll taxes, benefits, garnishments, and general knowledge banking pay policies and practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to understand report requirements and system capabilities to produce desired reports.
- Understanding and experience with functional features of Payroll systems and Payroll system integration, management reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with General Ledger and related systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various teams members and levels of management.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, including listening effectively.
- Knowledge of testing Payroll functionality, including writing test plans, test scripts and implementing test procedures.
- Knowledge of employee benefits.
- General knowledge banking policies.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must be certified in Payroll - CPP
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance