Why should I apply?
What if we told you that working at BNP Paribas is about a lot more than you might think? Our people do more than 300 different jobs, from customer relationship management to digital transformation, data processing and actuarial services. All these jobs are constantly changing and developing to meet the expectations of our clients and make useful contributions to society as a whole.
A HEALTHY WORK-LIFE BALANCE
We didn’t wait for a health crisis to persuade us that hybrid working was a good idea to organise work around ensuring the well-being of our people. At BNP Paribas, ‘People Care’ is one of the four cornerstones of our Smart Working initiative. The other three - digital tools, workspaces and remote working - are also about achieving greater flexibility. So depending on the job you do, you may be able to work remotely for a proportion of your working week. It’s a great way of reconciling your personal and professional lives!
AN ATTRACTIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
At BNP Paribas, we make sure that we pay you a fair salary aligned with the local market.
But it's not just the salary that counts, you'll also enjoy a competitive overall package that includes many employee benefits tailored to your profile.
Why should I get out of the bed in the morning?
LEARNING SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your professional life.
of employees received training in 2021 worldwide.
(Excluding mandatory training)
Approximately 16 hours of training delivered per person, per year, worldwide.
internal mobilities per year worldwide: 1 out of 10 employees changed roles in 2021.
Our careers are evolving at an unprecedented speed. That's why we are constantly adapting and expanding our training opportunities with, for example, the Digital Agile & Data Academy, the CyberSecurity programme and training modules on IT transformation.
Keen to progress? Want to change the direction of your career? Go abroad? At BNP Paribas, you have every opportunity to develop your professional career within the Group, either regionally or internationally.
FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE JOB YOU DO
Feeling good about the job you do begins with being accepted for who you are. More than 50,000 BNP Paribas employees are promoting and supporting diversity through more than 20 employee networks, including:
- BNP Paribas PRIDE which unites our LGBTQI+ employees and allies
- BNP Paribas MixCity which works to increase the representation of women at every level in the company
- BNP Paribas Ability, for those employees impacted by a disability or a disabling or chronic illness in their personal life
- BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
Feeling good about the job you do is also closely related to feeling that you are understood as an individual. BNP Paribas listens to its people through regular internal surveys, which generate high levels of engagment and participation: 98% of all employees shared their views in 2021.
Other programmes are either already in place or currently being rolled out to make an even greater contribution to the well-being of our teams.
GENDER DIVERSITY & EQUALITY!
The BNP Paribas Group has set ambitious goals for gender equality in the workplace by significantly increasing the representation of women in management roles.
- 40%: the Group’s target representation rate for women in senior management roles by 2025.
- 152 nationalities: the number of nationalities the Group counts in Europe with 9% of employees working outside their country of origin.
By joining BNP Paribas, will I be joining an engaged Group?
WHAT IS BNP PARIBAS DOING TO FACILITATE THE ENERGY TRANSITION?
Regardless of your job or position in the company, you would have a role to play in building a more sustainable society.
Not yet convinced? Our actions speak louder than words:
- BNP Paribas has commited to contribute to the process of financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance, and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their individual energy transitions.
- In 2017, BNP Paribas withdrew from providing finance to all coal, shale gas and tobacco companies.
- More than 40,000 Sustainable Development training modules were delivered in 2021.
- In the same year, BNP Paribas stepped up its policy to combat deforestation, with particular emphasis on Brazil.
- BNP Paribas received the 2022 Euromoney Award for the world's best bank for sustainable finance.
CAN I REALLY PUSH BACK AGAINST SOCIAL INEQUALITY?
At BNP Paribas, we are fully committed to playing our part in addressing the issues of social inequality. That’s why we are working to facilitate inclusion in the banking system inclusion for several million people in Europe (80% of whom have a monthly income of less than €1,500) by helping them to open a Nickel account with no proof of income or assets required.
Since 2018, BNP Paribas has been supporting Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative (WPDI) education and entrepreneurship programmes in the United States and South Africa. In 2021, the Group chose to extend its sponsorship to Mexico and France (Seine-Saint-Denis department). BNP Paribas supports the WPDI in forging partnerships with local players, offering internships or even temporary positions for young people.
HOW CAN I COUNT ON BNP PARIBAS AS A RELIABLE EMPLOYER?
We are in a unique position as a European leader to weather any crisis. But we see the future as being about a lot more than simply financial performance. We also need to understand how to question ourselves and evolve if we are to prepare more effectively for the future. Not just the future of BNP Paribas, but that of society and the world we all live in.
You’ll find all these ambitions and more in our GTS 2025 Strategic Plan.
Photos © Tim Robberts, SHOHEI, 10'000 Hours