About the job
- This department is divided in 3 teams: Markets Backoffice (MBO), Cash Transfers (CT) and Funds Execution (FE):
- The Markets Back Office’s team is responsible for the booking, matching and settlement of Money Markets, Forex and OTC Derivatives operations
- Cash Transfers’ team is responsible for the processing of cash transfers operations according to clients instructions
- Funds Execution’s Team ensures the execution of all orders on investment funds, in the Wealth Management (WM) business line
Your Main Activities Are
- Assist MBO team on processing the booking of operations related to Forex and Money Market and managing the confirmations related to these products
- Execute for MBO team the necessary daily reconciliations
- Ensure for CT team the processing of client cash instructions (outgoing, manual instructions and incomings)
- Execute for CT team the treatment of standing orders, direct debits and prepaid cards
- Help FE team on the execution of investment fund orders with custodians/transfer agents, in compliance with cut-offs and also monitoring executed orders, pending’s orders, contract notes and reminders to the counterparties
- Perform for FE team the controls and the enrichment of fund values in the referential database, as well as, processing and responding to internal customer requests
- Implement internal procedures and directives concerning the respective team's activity, particularly in terms of controls
- Ensure good quality of operations with respects of deadlines and garantee effective and clear communication with Front Office, Relationship Managers’ and other teams that are part of the daily workflow
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- 2/3 years of professional experience in Banking and Financial Operations
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Attention to detail/rigor
- Client focused
- Strong communication skills - oral & written
- Analytical Ability
- Fluency in English
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.