ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Member of the regional Wholesale Distribution team with the specific objective to develop and grow client relationships and business with existing and new Distribution Partners including Regional Private Banks, Retail Banks, Insurance platforms and local Asset Management companies in Singapore, Thailand and new SEA markets.
- To develop and implement a sales plan/strategy for the Wholesale Distribution segment with a focus on Singapore and Thailand.
- To be responsible for the account plans for Tier 1 / Tier 2 clients within assigned markets.
- To achieve the assigned sales targets and budgets.
- To work closely with other regional team-members, in particular with HK / China / TW WD teams as well as with the Private Banks’ team to develop the business with regional accounts.
- Manage client relationships in Singapore and Thailand, and act as a coordinator of sales activities for SG-based regional accounts (Citi, Standard Chartered Bank; OCBC Group, UOB and DBS).
- To initiate product and marketing ideas and actively participate in business development meetings.
- To conduct seminars and product presentations.
- To keep abreast of competitor activity, market development and respond proactively to any market changes.
- To build and develop a high caliber team, promoting a “best of the class” mindset, ensure an optimal structure.
- To manage, train and guide other/more junior client relationship managers within the team.
- To lead by example, promote cooperation and collegiate behaviors
- To act in full compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, Company policies and code of conduct
- As the position bearing the primary responsibility for ensuring adequate client/intermediary due diligence and exercising constant vigilance over the business relationship;
- To ensure that the KYC process is carried out in a complete and timely manner so that all KYC files that the Company is responsible for are always maintained up-to-date
- To contribute to the information and documentation collection and updating as well as to the provision of qualitative analysis, including materiality of adverse information, which is necessary for the Company to eventually decide on the client onboarding or recertification
- To fulfill other responsibilities as set forth in the applicable KYC/ KYI policy
- University educated with a degree in Business, Finance or related subject
- CFA or related qualification preferred
- Strong understanding of investment products, market dynamics and regulatory developments of the Private Banking industry desired
- More than 7 years’ experience in asset management industry
- More than 5 years’ experience in sales
- Prior experience in Wholesale Distribution / Intermediary business needed
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Sales and Client relations
Working in Sales and Client Relations at BNP Paribas is all about helping clients on a daily basis, and supporting them at important times in their personal and professional lives.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.