About the job
- The OPC Analyst operates the Control framework relating to all operational risks, including Fraud, Third Party, Conduct, Compliance, Regulatory, Information & Communication Technology risks, and others risks types. OPC is responsible for the deployment of internal policies and procedures issued by specialize independent control functions part of Risk teams (2nd Line of Defense), and for the compliance with external regulatory and supervisory requirements
Your Main Activities Are
- Identify and assess risks and controls (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) by ensuring that key operational units and processes, material risks and risk mitigants are identified. Perform/drive the risk identification and assessment in liaison with independent control Functions when needed, ensuring validation by the relevant management level and consistency with the defined risk tolerance. Contribute to the definition and follow-up of remediation plan if needed
- Manage Procedures by ensuring that Group procedures requirements are implemented locally, complemented with local specificities (regulations, tools, organizations, among others). Ensure that the procedures designed by the businesses and functions are identified, updated, properly stored and communicated to the relevant stakeholders within the Operating Entity. Identify and propose calibration of procedures according to the outcome of the risk assessment and other risk events (HI, control results, external events, Audit missions)
- Implement Controls and action plans: by defining and regularly updating the control plans according to the outcome of the risk assessment, regulations, other risk events (Historical Incidents, control results, external events, Audits). Perform and/or coordinate controls according to this control plan. Ensure that control results are reviewed and analyzed by the Management and when relevant by operational teams / relevant stakeholders and that remediation action plans are defined if and when needed. Input in Group tools the control results and major action plans. Follow-up the implementation of remediation actions
- Document findings, recommendations and permanent control actions: Upon notification/receipt of reports, organize the follow-up of the findings and recommendations, either issued internally (e.g. IG supervision) or externally (external auditors, supervisors) and ensure that they are closed within due date
- Manage historical incidents by alerting the management and the independent control functions if needed on key incidents. Collect incidents (including impacts measurement), report and update in the incidents database, including suspected and attempted fraud cases. Analyze incidents in a timely manner and define, jointly with the relevant stakeholders, the correctives measures be implemented to mitigate risks. Follow-up and /or initiate the implementation of remediation actions and the unfolding of long term incidents. Perform controls on the incident collection process, in particular the cross-check with other databases (accounting or other when existing) and the half-yearly attestation by the local management
- Provide Management support and governance by active contribution (or organization) to any committee on Operational risks and Permanent Control committees. Alert and escalate to the relevant level of management Classification : Internal any operational risk incident and/or any recurring weakness. Perform periodic and ad-hoc reporting to the appropriate level of management as well as to independent control functions. Ensure an appropriate training on Operational risks and Permanent Control framework is provided to employees, notably newcomers. Show ability to take ownership of specific OPC activity streams/topics, and be able to deliver the full and exhaustive actions taken on the assigned process(es) to the management
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.