BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
Within CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking), Operations provide support to Global Markets (Equity, Fixed Income), ALM Treasury and Global Banking activities (Cash Management, Trade Finance).
ALMT desk is responsible for the market risks of the Bank’s balance sheet. The desk is also responsible for analysing the Branch’s liquidity risks and protecting the Group liquidity and Treasury position. Operations supports the management of liquidity flows as well as settlements of NCD issuances, call deposits, FX and securities.
FXLM business offers a complete suite of products and services to address clients investing and hedging needs. The operational support covers settlements of FX and MM transactions for corporate clients.
PS&F consists of Financing & Collateral, Prime Brokerage (PB) and Cash Equity sub-businesses. Financing & Collateral business offers yield enhancement strategies with collateral swaps and repos (overnight or term). The Operational Support covers the settlement of Bonds and Repos. PB offers an impressive breadth and depth of services, providing clients with a fully integrated front-to-back solution and a global approach for financing, execution and servicing. The Operational support covers Synthetic Prime Brokerage, Cash Prime Brokerage and Stock Borrow/Loan. For Cash Equity, the Operational support covers the booking, allocation, settlement and reconciliation of cash equity trades.
The EQD business primarily relates to Delta 1, ETF Market Making and Index swap sub-businesses. Operations support these through booking, settlement and reconciliation of the products traded by these sub-businesses.
The Trade and Supply Chain Operations oversees the Traditional Trade & Supply Chain Financing function, drives operational excellence, provide prompt, accurate resolutions of Trade & Supply Chain operational issues, ensure adherence to comply with internal & external regulatory and compliance requirements.
The Cash Management Operations ensure all corporate loans are processed accurately and all fees are accounted for and collected.
In charge of the Management of the following departments
- Global Market & ALMT Operations (5 headcount)
- Cash Management Operations (2 headcount)
- Trade Operations (6 headcount)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Global Markets, ALM Treasury and Global Banking business lines in Australia & New Zealand; establish a regular dialogue to understand its priorities, liaise with the region as relevant to ensure timely implementation of these solutions;
- Establish a strong connection with the Regional Operations Community and participate to the Steering Committees and Meetings held by the Regional Operations Head;
- Proactive contributor and/or member of the various Territory committees of the first line of defense such as but not limited to the AU/NZ Operational & Permanent Control Committee (monthly), the key project Steering Committees.
- Supervises the team members (1 supervisor for Trade Operations, direct reporting to the Global Markets/ALM Treasury and Cash Management staff) and olds regular one to one and team meetings;
- Ensures staff training throughout the team covering all the products;
- Establishes & participates in regular meetings with the key stakeholders e.g. ISPL support teams & Business Lines;
- Be accountable for the Operations resources and budget;
- Establish strong partnership with Human Resources to develop managerial and leadership capabilities, identify and groom talent, develop strong succession and career development, follow the actions of the Global People Survey closely and build channels of regular communication with the team.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring all settlements and other tasks are completed on time & accurately;
- Ensure that team members regularly investigate, follow up and resolve breaks/ exceptions which come up as a result of BAU in a timely & accurate manner;
- Authorize the payments per the payment authorization grid;
- Provide support to the Loan Administration Area; receipt of client instructions or agent instructions, verification of client instructions against credit authorizations and agreed client conditions, arrange input of the loan into the Bank’s systems (via liaison with regional team);
- Ensure Fees correct booking with respect to amortization, Income accounts, invoicing as per approved conditions, reconciliation and adjustments: to manage the whole transaction from issuance to collection;
- Assist with Cash Management transaction processing, client support and satisfaction. Monitoring of payment queues and transaction reports throughout the day. Correcting any payment anomalies. Reporting of client comments and immediate escalation of any issues identified. Note: This function is offshored to ARPC team in Mumbai from 10.00am Sydney time however end of day monitoring is essential and shared by both team;
- Ensure daily duty sheets and daily ORUS controls are completed;
- Ensure Saturn ( SR7 ) alerts are cleared accurately and timely;
- Ensure monthly billing is completed accurately and on timely;
- Undertake responsibility for review, drafting, processing and authorization of Guarantee applications, ensure potential risks concerning the wordings are raised, either accepted by Legal/Business or mitigated by revision, making sure all ambiguities and contradictions are addressed;
- Assume responsibilities related to Documentary Letters of credit;
- Perform all controls, ensure LC/SBLC/Guarantees are issued in accordance with BNPP Group policies, UCP Rules, Trade Finance, Guarantee & SCF Checklists, local branch SOPs, Credit Risk authorization tickets, Special requirements and agreed client conditions;
- Ensure Guarantee/SBLC issuance fees/commissions, Doc LC Estab fees/commissions are booked correctly, reconcile guarantee commission calculations, and arrange adjustments as necessary, following up overdue fees/commissions.
- Operational Risk/Controls
- Establish clear guidelines and protocol related to the management of incidents and interface/governance with all stakeholders, follow up of action items and representation of these in relevant committees;
- Oversee outsourced work closely, monitor SLAs and build strong partnership with the provider/s to ensure transparency in delivery and strong controls;
- Monitor the Operations controls at Territory level to ensure the deficiencies and action plans identified are properly monitored and timely deployed;
- Anti‐Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS” related duties: to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls; to escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision;
- Document and maintain operational policies and procedures;
- Ensure daily ORUS controls are completed;
- Proactive contributor and/or member of the various Territory committees of the first line of defense such as but not limited to the AU/NZ Operational & Permanent Control Committee (monthly), the key project Steering Committees;
- Contribute to the operational Control framework;
- Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct;
- Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
- Motivation – the pressure of the job requires the incumbent to display a high degree of self-motivation
- Technical Expertise – ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill across all products in the team
- Attention to Details / Quality / Prioritization – ensuring that own and other team members' work are completed and done accurately within stipulated cut-off times
- Client Focus – ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying both external and internal clients
- Teamwork – previous team management experience, ability and desire to work cooperatively with other teams
- Initiative – ability to identify what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- Flexibility – openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
- Oral & Written Communication – ability to express clearly in conversations and interactions with others, as well as the ability to express clearly in business writing
Specific Qualifications & Experience required
- Experience in EXIGO/RITS settlement platform;
- Experience in SWIFT process