About the job
- The Documentation Matching Analyst is responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the booking and help managing the subsequent risks undertaken by the business lines
- The Matching teams’ primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the matching of electronic and paper confirmations on a variety of products (vanilla, exotics, complex structures) and asset classes (Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Credit and Interest Rates Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, precious metals and other commodities)
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure a correct archival of all incoming confirmations and monitor workflows to ensure incoming confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely matching of confirmations. Identify and solve financial and/or legal discrepancies on incoming confirmations
- Resolve queries and exceptions where necessary, understanding the importance of effective escalation
- Timely resolve mark-ups on outstanding trade confirmations
- Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in confirmations to meet their needs and meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place
- Be customer focused by maintaining excellent relationships with our external clients; understand their organisation and their expectations
- Liaise with drafting teams, Legal, Trading and Sales to agree documentation with Counterparties
- Daily responsibility for verbally confirming trade details
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management. Daily report through ORUS (tool) of the identified risk areas
- Ensure Static Data setup linked to confirmations for new / existing clients
- Maintain effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Proactively contribute to improve team effectiveness through Continuous Improvement approach
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency using Excel
- Fluency in English (French is a plus)
- Client focused
- Attention to detail/ rigor
- Ability to collaborate/ Teamwork
About the Team
- The Matching teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients’ confirmations. The teams are also responsible for verbal and /or written affirmation of trade details with clients before the value date or the maturity of the concerned transactions. The teams ensure that all incoming confirmations are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, legal and other relevant departments in the bank
- They are also involved in process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in different regions of the world
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.