About the job
- RISK ORC CIB Servicing platform is in charge of Independent Control Testing, Quality review of Historical Incidents and Reporting for CIB activities covering Corporate Banking, Global Markets and transversal activities
Your Main Activities Are
- Risk orm cib servicing platform mandate & activities
- The main mission of the team is to contribute to the independent control testing plan, by giving support to the the RISK ORC CIB teams for providing RISK and Senior Management a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive and consistent Front to Back view of Operational Risk across activities
- The Operational Risk Officers will play a key role in operational risk management by independently challenging the effectiveness of the operational control framework of the BNP Paribas activities
- Team member will contribute to the comprehensive execution of the control plans defined
- Risk orm cib operational risk officer – credit process activities
- Comprehensively deploys, executes and reports on the operational risk Control Testing Plan defined for Global Banking, with a dedicated focus on the credit process (origination, decision, monitoring and reporting)
- Control plan definition and deployment: identification and understanding of the first line controls to verify / re-perform
- Control plan execution: Verification and / or re-performance of controls executed by the first line to ensure the effectiveness of the Control
- Control plan reporting: preparation of the support documentation that will be used to the reporting of the control plan results
- Remediation: support to the definition of the remediation actions in collaboration with the first line based on the control plan results
- Is focused on the harmonisation and improvement of the process, proposing suggestions of change and participating, when required, in the innovation projects developed within the team
- Works in direct strong coordination with
- The RISK ORM CIB Global Banking teams and also with RISK ORC CIB TMC (Transversal Methodology and Consolidation) team
- CIB first Line of Defense teams in the Front Office and in Operations
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Finance
- Up to 2 years of professional experience
- Fields of Expertise: Audit/Compliance/Finance
- Knowledge in both Risk Management and Credits it’s a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Critical thinking
- Client focused
About the team
- As a 2nd line of defence, RISK ORM CIB aims to provide RISK and CIB Management with a front to back consolidated view on operational risks of CIB activities in order to contribute to the reduction of operational risk and to better respond to Regulator’s expectations. RISK ORM CIB mandate is to challenge and supervise the Operational Risk management of CIB activities, for operational risk processes and themes assigned to RISK. To that end, RISK ORM CIB relies on an effective operational risk management setup covering CIB activities: Global Banking, Global Markets, BP2S and functions covering CIB activities (independent control functions1 and transversal functions), Anti-Fraud, ICT, Third Party Risk management, and Data Protection.
- RISK ORM CIB is organized in 3 Business Lines, 3 Regions and 6 Transversal teams.
- Regions: EMEA, Americas, APAC
- Business Lines: BP2S, Global Markets and Global Banking
- Transversal teams: Transformation team (since October 2018), Functions, Transversal Risk Management including Fraud and Norms & Synthesis, Information and Technology (ICT), Third-Party (TPRM), Data Privacy and Protection (DPP)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.