About the job
- The MFS Client Delivery Account Manager's role is to process the Net Present Value of the portfolio of OTC and repo trades between clients and their counterparties to ensure that the clients’ exposure to their counterparties is sufficiently collateralised. The process requires the performance of data integrity checks on trade data received in the collateral management platform and the comparison of exposures with the value of the assets pledged, in accordance with the parameters specified in the legal agreements
Your Main Activities Are
- Act as point of contact for clients and manage the day to day relationship with clients (such as dealing with clients and stakeholders' queries; liaise with other departments of the bank with a view to resolving clients’ issues; prepare and contribute to client service reviews of operational performance and issues; report clients expectations for new services to Product specialists)
- Assist margin call analysts for the daily Operations Production by preparing and conducting the margin calls, calculating / validating interest on cash balances calculations, by performing controls (e.g.reconciliation on securities and cash balances and movements between the collateral management system and the custodians / cash correspondents)
- Report on margin call disputes (write up succinct comments to explain margin call disputes based on reconciliations performed by the portfolio reconciliation team and ensure that all disputes are explained and investigated)
- Propose system enhancement for better risk monitoring and/or work efficiency and participate in testing collateral management system new releases – UATs
- Review legal documents and ensure all static data is set-up in the systems
- Document and update procedures that are client specific
Profile and Skills to Success
- High School
- Advanced (B1-B2) English level required
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Client focused
- Analytical Ability
- Knowledge in Operations and processes - Market & Financing Services
- Proficiency in MS Office Pack (Excel)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.