BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Group Bank Services is a department acting at the Group level which interacts mostly with Banking partners, more specifically Financial Intuitions.
Following the “Management of RMA keys - New Governance” project initiated by Group Compliance and Inspection Générale, an RMA Due diligence team was created in October 2016 and the scope of the team is worldwide.
The RMA Due Diligence team members’ main tasks are to efficiently on board financial institutions that are not clients of the BNP Paribas group within the framework of the Group KYC Procedure. The team is also responsible for the recertification process. The role requires having the necessary expertise to identify the financial institutions and to collect the right documentation as per the Operational procedures for screening purposes.
As of 2019, there will be two teams, one located in Paris and another located in Lisbon. The Lisbon team is a new team. Each one will have a dedicated portfolio defined by geographic area. The team in Paris is responsible for the coordination of the whole activity with the Lisbon team’s support.
The main goal of both teams is to contribute to protect BNPP against reputational risk, Anti-Money Laundering risk AML/CFT and Fraud risks. The teams must work closely with RMA regional teams and Senior Bank Officers. They must also work with Compliance to ensure that the activity is in line with internal policies and regulations.
Finally, all team members must work as “one team” to ensure an efficient on-boarding service to counterparties.
Daily Implementation and Processes
Perform all the tasks related to Due Diligence according to the risk level:
· Identify the counterparties based on the proof of existence
· Pre-screen the counterparties against sanction lists to identify any showstoppers
· Collect the related documentation and identify the items to screen
· Launch the screening of the counterparties and the related entities/individuals against sanction lists as well as background search tools
· Retrieve adverse information, and analyse them if any
· Present a decision to Compliance and other stakeholders if required
· Make the final decision regarding the acceptance of the counterparty from a Due Diligence perspective
Additional tasks / Continuous improvements
The Due Diligence Officer has to:
· Proactively contribute to the continual improvement of the team
· Ensure data and documents are archived properly
· Ensure client files pass all quality and control reviews
· Escalate concerns / issues as needed
· Ensure that all new requests are logged accordingly
· Chasing outstanding requests
· Communicate within the onshore teams
· Abide by operational risk and control procedures and escalate incidents where necessary
· Contribute to other projects, as needed
· Master degree in Finance, Legal or Economics
· At least 2 years of Experience
· Fluent English
· Team Player
· Adaptable and flexible approach to the working environment
· Good relationship skills
· Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Capacity for analysis, synthesis and judgment
· Readiness to learn
· Experience in due diligence
· Knowledge of AML/CFT regulations
· Computer skills: MS Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Sharepoint
· Knowledge of another language is an advantage
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.