Job Description – APAC
Middle Office Operations
Business Line / Function:
IFSO - MO
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
As a Vice President, the person must lead and drive a department towards more efficient and energetic team. She / He needs to manage changes and client requirements along with market initiatives
- To head a department performing Income, Corporate Actions and Client reporting services to Asset Manager clients
- Work closely with the FA teams to define CA processing methodologies
- Work closely with the Custody teams for complex CA events
- Monitor high risk CA events for uninstructed and processing accuracy
- Monitor the performance via KPIs and KRIs of the department
- Have close tab of all critical processes that can have financial impact to BNP
- Create a robust control framework for the department
- Manage local stake holders including other departments and support functions
- Manage Global stake holders including Locations, Process owners and Project teams
- Create a culture of ownership and accountability at the Junior level
- Ensure that the team is continuously engaged
- Being organized and provide the deliverables with in deadlines
- Completing the Instruction checklist to ensure all the task are effectively performed
- Prioritization of various instructions received in order to meet the cutoff
Clear understanding and previous experience of managing the below:
Income and Corporate Actions concepts and market flows
Knowledge on CA impact on the valuation of a fund
Experience in co-ordinating with Custodians / FA is an added advantage.
Knowledge of Global / Local custody is an added advantage
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Being organized with clarity of thoughts
- Thorough knowledge on Trade Management and MO processes
- Zeal to learn new things
- Good knowledge on Swift messages related to Trades, Cash and FX.
- Must be prepared to work in flexible timings
- Excellent communication skills
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market.
Oral: Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Adjusting communication style to match the needs of the audience.
Written: Expressing ideas clearly in all written documents. Using professional, appropriate language at all times, and adhering to the use of the BNPP Email Protocols.
Work effectively with the management team to accomplish goals, Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
Generate creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner. Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 15 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)