Job Title: Senior Fund Accountant - Permanent
Business Unit: Fund Accounting - BNP Paribas Fund Administration Services Limited
Location: Galway (Galway Tech Park, Parkmore) or Dublin (Termini, Sandyford, Dublin 18)
About BNP Paribas
At BNP Paribas, we center our values on what drives the company forward. Our driving forces are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
- Agility: we want to behave more simply to embrace useful innovation and digital transformation.
- Client Satisfaction: we believe that our success lies in being the customers’ and clients’ preferred choice. We seek to listen carefully to them and work closely with them.
- Compliance Culture: We believe in promoting clear rules to foster a strong culture of compliance and ethics.
- Openness: We promote open-minded attitudes towards our stakeholders. We aim for everyone in Group to feel included, to have their say and be empowered.
Our strengths are based off four key areas of Stability, Expertise, Responsibility and Good Place to Work.
- Stability: we build upon our solid, long-term oriented management, our diversified and integrated business model and our international footprint.
- Expertise: We build upon our recognised and expanding knowledge of our teams.
- Responsibility: We build upon our culture of responsibility and integrity to ever better serve the interest of our customers.
- Good Place to Work: We foster a stimulating workplace where people are treated fairly and with respect.
The Senior Fund Accountant (SFA) role is responsible for the validation and release of hedge fund Net Asset Valuations. The SFA checks the work of Fund Accountants and provides final release to the market or investment manager. The SFA is responsible for ensuring that all checks and controls have been performed on a valuation. The SFA is often the first point of contact for clients regarding valuations.
- Review of fund NAVs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, tasks include:
- Review of fund transactions, eg. Security trading, investor activity, etc.
- Ensuring all income accruals and corporate actions are accounted for and validated
- Review of all foreign exchange contracts
- Review of price movements, including stale / static pricing
- Adherence to client agreed NAV delivery deadlines
- Approval and sending of fund invoices / cash instructions
- NAV impact analysis and justification
- Daily communication with clients and other external stakeholders
- Monitoring all cash and security reconciliation items on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all agreed reporting is completed & sent to the client.
- Attendance and participation in team / departmental meetings.
- Assist with the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Ensure that client Service Level Agreements are applied across all funds with deliverables met on a timely basis.
- Ensure any information required by the Auditors or Trustees is available within the timeframe agreed with your Team Leader.
- Assist and train other team members with queries / questions as they arise. Inform the Team Leader where necessary of any issues.
- Thorough knowledge of hedge fund security types, including CFD, CDS, IRS, MBS/ABS, Swaptions, Fixed Income, Exchange Traded Instruments, Forwards etc., and their accounting treatment.
- FA resource for the on boarding of new business, ensuing that FA systems and accounting requirements are in place.
- Understanding of fund operating documents, prospectus, pricing policy, agreements.
The applicant must have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1 year NAV review experience
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- A thorough knowledge of Hedge Fund accounting, including interaction with Prime Brokers and Middle Office.
- A thorough knowledge of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Series, etc),
- Knowledge of the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Thorough knowledge of share class hedging.
- Knowledge of data vendors such as Bloomberg, IDC, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems Multifonds an advantage.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
- Multi-manager, Multi-currency, Pooling, Fund of Hedge Fund and Structured product experience desirable.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
The applicant must have:
- A third level qualification or equivalent preferably in a business or accounting related discipline preferred.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate.
- Strong numerical / analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills.
Why Work with Us?
- We are the bank for a changing world and aim to build positive change together with our employees.
- We are a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what we do and the impact our work delivers to our clients. We operate in a highly collaborative, open-minded environment that embraces innovation and creativity.
- We have a genuine commitment to work-life balance throughout the whole organisation. We are also committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively promote equal opportunities.
- We are a global company operating in over 70 countries with over 200,000 employees from over 150 nationalities. In Ireland we have approximately 500 employees across Dublin and Galway working in Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) and BNP Paribas Security Services (BP2S) and Greenval
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunities employer and proudly cultivates a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity of experience enhances our service offering to clients and leads to a better working environment. We encourage applications from the best candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religious belief.