The role of Senior Financial Accountant is to provide support to Financial Accounts Manager in the area of statutory reporting, balance sheet reviews, reporting to shareholders, reporting to retail partners and completion of government returns.
- Ensure the Management accounts are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
- Ensure that group accounting policies are followed;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the fixed asset register and control of the capital expenditure process ensuring adherence to Group policies;
- Responsble for all inter-company accounts and reconciliations;
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation process and ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group reporting obligations are adhered to.
2.Reporting to shareholders
- Responsible for preparation and submission of monthly accounting information required by the
- shareholders via Matisse for consolidation according to Group reporting timetable;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group
- reporting obligations are adhered to;
- Review of other Group reporting requirements, for example, quarterly fixed assets returns and other
- balance sheet information requested.
- 3.Compliance returns
- Responsible for competion of external reporting to FCA, Finance and Lease Association and National Statistics.
- Review and ensure timely submission of quarterly Mastercard returns and quarterly partner certificates.
- Provide support in the organisation and management of external process. Ensuring auditors’ requests are actioned in a timely manner.
- Be able to cover all key tasks in the department including the supervision and training of assistant accountant
- Share knowledge and training within Finance to increase overall effectiveness of the department
- Use the right level of communication within the business in order to be responsive and efficient
What we are looking for
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent in a banking or Financial Services environment
- Ability to problem solve and attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise and influence all levels of management and work with other departments
- Train, develop and motivate team members
- Proven experience in analysing and interpreting financial information
- Strong numerical, analytical and presentation skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and work with other departments
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Motivate and coach team
- UK GAAP and IFRS
Primary Location: GB-ENG-SolihullJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Critical thinkingTransversal competency: Analytical Ability