About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner with various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Senior Associate / AM
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting in financial and management accounting systems, production of the monthly expenses accounting and management reporting including preparation of standard and ad hoc reports, supporting the annual expense budget & periodic forecasts exercise, calculation of intercompany charges/billing, responding to audit queries and coordinating with various teams to ensure proper completion of monthly deliverable.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Prepare and book closing entries (daily / monthly) in accounting and financial systems for accruals, prepayments, intercompany, rent deferrals, asset capitalization/retrials or write-off, etc., as necessary.
· Perform month-end financial closing for his / her entities
· Perform reconciliation between Accounting system and Financial ledger to substantiate balances and breaks solving
· Participate in the intercompany process:
Ø Calculation billing charges to other BNP Paribas entities
Ø Coordination with other region's Finance Expense teams and Tax team to ensure they are performing their respective intercompany closes and maintaining their respective algorithms.
Ø Suggest updating to Counter-party service level agreements (SLAs) in liaison with Tax team
· On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Reporting Team for report production
· Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
· Escalating problems / issues to the team manager
· Providing quality service to other groups
· Support the production of the annual expense budget and periodic forecasts from a transversal perspective
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
· Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)