About the job
- Regulatory reporting is the regulator mean to undertake market surveillance. It allows the regulators to identify situations of potential market abuse, insider dealing, price misdirection, systemic risk. Failure to report entirely or accurately can significantly limit the regulators ability to execute his market watch role resulting in severe consequences for the bank or employees. We must ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of information sent to regulator to reflect the correct firm market activity
- The team is charge of monitoring and control transactions reporting to regulators worldwide on behalf of all group entities
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and exhaustiveness of the trade reporting by performing a close monitoring (in-house and external systems) of transactions reported
- Tackle for all jurisdictions operational rejections; analyse them and resubmit them when required
- Answer or prepare the answer to regulators queries
- Perform in depth analysis of issues to identify root cause (IT feed issue, incorrect populated field, incorrect reporting logic applied, among others) and escalate it to relevant teams (external or internal)
- Follow-up on fixes and their release, and provide update and MIS to management
- Keep track of all open issues and follow up with IT until fix release
- Keep procedures up to date
- Fill control plan on daily basis
- Maintain effective working relationships with other locations (London, Paris and HK Regulatory Reporting teams) and teams (IT, project manager, Front Office, among others)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Financial academic background
- Fluent in English
- Strong Excel Skills and ability to work with heavy data files
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate to different stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workloads and multi task
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.