Senior Client Account Manager
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s foremost financial institutions, and offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors. It has a broad range of skills in four investment divisions: Equities, Fixed Income, Private Debt & Real Assets, and Multi-Asset, Quantitative and Solutions (MAQS). Sustainability is at the heart of BNP Paribas Asset Management’s strategy and investment decision-making process, making an active contribution to energy transition, environmental protection and the promotion of equality and inclusive growth. Its aim is to achieve long-term sustainable investment returns for its clients. BNP Paribas Asset Management has assets under management of EUR 427 billion* (as at 30 June 2019), with more than 520 investment professionals and almost 500 client servicing specialists, serving individual, corporate and institutional clients in 71 countries.
* EUR 575 billion of assets under management and advisory as of 30 June 2019
Role Description and purpose
Client Account Managers are a key component within the Global Client Group at BNP Paribas Asset Management. Working in close tandem with Client Relationship Managers, their principal objective is to deliver an outstanding client management experience to our clients, drawing upon expertise from within the entire company to provide the highest achievable standard of service. Client Account Managers ensure that BNP Paribas Asset Management delivers on its promises to clients.
key responsibilities AND COMPETENCIES
Ø Client Service
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships with clients, allowing for both formal and informal interactions and ensuring that we always have an understanding of the actual client experience, and actual client intentions to manage any risks to the relationship
- Manage the regular client review process, ensuring that relevant information is gathered and presented in an appropriate format.
- Act as a preferred point of entry for all client queries, taking ownership and ensure that these are adequately answered within agreed timeframes.
- Be responsive in dealing with issues and complaints as they arise, escalating in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Monitor client satisfaction at all times and work with relevant stakeholders to improve the overall quality of service provided. A specific focus is required to ensure service delivery is in line with our client tiering model.
- Help build longevity in our client relationships and move towards being a ‘trusted adviser’, capable of sustaining multiple mandates
- Ensure that client reporting process is effectively managed in collaboration with Client Reporting team
- Act as the interface with clients to assist with the negotiating and implementation of services as stipulated in the legal documentation, working as required in conjunction with the centres of expertise.
- Pilot on-site clients visits: validate purpose for visit, assist in developing agendas and arrange logistical support as required
Ø Business Relationship Management and Development
- Assist in the development of a detailed client plan for each client in line with their agreed service level, based upon a thorough knowledge of the client’s objectives, constraints and investment strategy
- Ensure all the relevant client information and activity indicators are efficiently shared with Sales teams, and is captured and maintained in CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Contribute to the retention of existing business. Log assets at risk in a timely manner and develop remediation plans as appropriate.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the services that BNP Paribas Asset Management is able to provide
- Understand competitor activities and industry trends
- Contribute to projects with a direct impact on clients or sectors covered
- Assist the Sales team in reviewing client profitability and client risk, and with the implementation of any retention strategies put in place
- Participate in client meetings, functions and events as appropriate
Ø Operational risk management
- Be aware at all times of operational risk and ensure that relevant procedures are adhered to
Ø Risk and Compliance
- Adhere at all times to applicable laws, rules and regulations and internal procedures (Code of Ethics, management of conflicts of interest, client confidentiality, …)
- Advise Compliance of any issues as soon as they may arise, with relevant escalation.
- Ensure that clients are treated fairly at all times
- Be alert to possible or actual complaints from clients and manage these in line with agreed procedure
o Clients in part of local/regional client portfolio
o External stakeholders involved in servicing client accounts
o Client Relationship Managers and Sales assistants.
o Client Service colleagues locally and throughout the organization, especially within centres of expertise
o Relevant stakeholders from Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Investment Risk and Compliance, Finance, Investment Operations, Fund and Mandate Operations, others as appropriate.
Essential qualifications & experience
Ø Technical and industry experience
o Prior experience of client management, including strategic relationships and with C-suite interaction
o Broad knowledge of financial markets and the Asset Management Industry
o Native fluency in Dutch
o Excellent English language skills (written & spoken)
o Working knowledge of French or another European language an advantage
Ø Systems skills
o Salesforce (or other CRM tool)
o Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
o Experience with external data sources an advantage
Ø Personal attributes
o Strong sense of client focus
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
o Energetic, pro-active and flexible work attitude
o Attention to detail, strong
organisational skills and high level of accuracy
o Strong presentation skills
o Project management skills are an advantage