Back end Web Developer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of Group Finance operating model and decided to create Group Finance Services (GFS) in Portugal, as a response to an increase in regulatory evolutions. GFS is a reporting and servicing centre, which covers a broad range of Finance activities for Group Finance and other métiers and entities within BNP Paribas worldwide.
Launched in 2016, GFS has quickly become a reference in the field, thanks to the expertise developed. It aims at further establishing itself as a front line player by leading the way to innovation in financial services methodologies.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build full stack web applications and APIs in GoLang that deliver
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions to end users
- Analyse, design, coordinate and supervise the development of web applications and APIs
- Review and develop against business requirements
- Be an active member of the Development Team to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
- Contribute to define and disseminate development best practices and use continuous integration practices
- Develop technical and design documentation
- Ensure proper usage of state-of-the-art frameworks and advising on other architecture solutions & technologies
- Build efficient, testable and reusable components
- Experienced software developer (3+ years minimum experience)
- Experience developing web applications (in particular back ends, designing APIs)
- Understand software development principles and technology with the ability to collaborate on technical information with various teams
- Solid experience of backend development languages e.g. Java, Go
- Knowledge of micro services design & developpement
- Experience of web API, REST API including API lifecycle management.
- Experience in applying agile SCRUM method to projects with high added value
- Knowledge of Python programming language
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (pref. Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (pref. Ansible or equivalent)
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments)
- Team spirit.
- Capacity for collaboration and communication
- Capacity for creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and initiative spirit
- English fluent
- French and Portuguese are a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.