Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Securities Asia executes its clients’ orders through its own seats in SEHK. Upon execution of each order, a transaction contract is created between Securities Asia and the client. On the market side, Securities Asia’s transaction contracts with HKSCC, are novated to its designated third party clearer, BP2S and as a result, BP2S becomes the contracting and settlement counterpart of HKSCC in respect of Securities Asia’s market transactions, with Securities Asia becoming responsible for settling its net market obligations with BP2S acting as Securities Asia’s clearer.
For settlements, Securities Asia sends its SIs to BP2S, who on one hand settles Securities Asia’s client’s side transactions for Securities Asia in its capacity as Securities Asia’s custodian and on the other, settles with Securities Asia the CNS positions as Securities Asia’s counterpart.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
- Preparing Settlement Instructions for all Asia Equity Markets.
- Liaising with overseas brokers/custodians over trade-pre-matching issues.
- Communicating with clients and internal offices to ensure trades settlement operations are smooth and accurate.
- Updating static data information at back end related systems.
- Follow up outstanding trades and ensure correctness of record updated.
- Conducting reconciliation and file fail settlement claims against clients and is also responsible for the updating and Maintenance of our internal claiming tool.
2. FnO Invoicing
- Ensure give up agreements are updated.
- Perform inputting of give up commission charges rate in STP/ Billing Tool.
- Perform regular checking on Commission rate vs all rated systems.
- Liaising with Front Office/Client to follow-up on Commission invoicing issue.
- Monthly billing invoicing.
- Follow up with outstanding Commission with MO/FO and paying agents.
3. Client Services
- Payments processing
- Bank reconciliation
- Posting journals for accounting
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and FO need to be known & applied.
- Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients, especially FO. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
Team Management Skills
Co-ordinate the activities of the team.
Ensure quality/quantity of processing is maintained as per the SLA/SOP.
Monitor volume inflow and ensure sufficient resource and workflow allocation in a justifiable manner.
Ensure strict adherence to all internal and external process guidelines including compliance and legal to build and maintain robust control environment.
Identifying operational risks proactively and mitigating appropriately.
Serve as escalation point for the process.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Relevant product knowledge
- Microsoft and programming skills (VBA, Excel, Access) would be a major plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Preferred a Bachelor or Master Degree on accounting, Mathematics or Finance.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Choose an item.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)