About the job
- As part of Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) within Global Banking, Institutional Credit Analysts Team (ICAT) is in charge of the credit approval processes of all institutional clients, intragroup entities, sovereigns, and market infrastructures. In this domain, the Market Infrastructure – Central Clearing Counterparties (CCP) Team provides a holistic view of risks facing market infrastructures, by integrating counterparty credit risk analysts as well as quantitative analysts within the team. It is a global team, with a presence in London, Paris, New York and Hong Kong. The CCP Quantitative Analyst will work as part of the integrated "FIC ICAT - CCPs & ALGO" team and will be based in Lisbon, covering a worldwide scope
Your Main Activities Are
- QUANTITATIVE ASSESSMENT
- Monitoring and controlling the risk-facing margin algorithms put in place by market infrastructure entities, considering, among others, the use, hypotheses, suitability, calibration, and performance
- Understanding the risk drivers of the margin models, and their interactions with the portfolios and market parameters
- Analysing the inherent model risk by parallel building the model when information available permits it, quantifying errors and their significance
- Maintain a continuous and sound dialogue with the Credit Officers
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a drive to learn and build up an expansive knowledge of the market
- QUANTITATIVE OPINION CONTRIBUTION
- Timely providing a quantitative assessment on the robustness of the margin models to help the Credit Officers (CO) form a holistic opinion regarding the market infrastructure entity
- Presenting the quantitative assessment at the relevant credit committees deciding on the market infrastructure entity in own portfolio
- Ability to work independently and diligently
- IT DEVELOPMENT
- Design and implementation of quantitative models, preferably using Phyton, C#, or C++ in a source controlled environment
- Development of applications on the internal platforms
- These responsibilities will allow for numerous interactions with a large variety of global stakeholders across many functions
- Monitoring and controlling the risk-facing margin algorithms put in place by CCPs in order to protect themselves
- Driving the necessary changes to work towards a more robust platform of risk management in the market
- Provide the Credit Officer with quantitative analysis on specific topics to help the credit officer form a view for her/his participation in working groups organised by CCPs with other clearing members
- The successful applicant will be very much part of a global team that will allow him/her to build up an expansive knowledge of the market
Profile and Skills to Success
- Education: Masters (or higher) in Mathematics, Physics, IT or Quantitative Finance
- Experience: 0-5 years in a quantitative finance environment, preferably in a market risk or counterparty risk modelling capacity; other backgrounds (e.g. Global Markets quantitative research, model validation) are also welcome
- Languages: English (fluent)
- Strong interest and familiarity with risk management best practices, financial markets and economic developments
- Knowledge of derivatives, their risk drivers and the models used to price them; or exposure to at least one of the following asset classes: credit, repo, IR/FX, equity, commodities, preferably from a risk management perspective
- Good understanding and awareness of the regulatory framework for banks is desirable
- Creative and problem-solving mind-set
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to autonomously run/contribute to meetings, seminars, committees or training
- Capacity to manage/drive complex projects
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in large, multidisciplinary teams
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.