BNP Paribas Group:
Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint
across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and
private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their
specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering
corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management,
insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through
BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India
Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank
in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in
Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various
business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking,
Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information
Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
is Data warehouse reporting system. We support for 9 regions of APAC and
system operates on EOD/EOM batch processing on data from its petals system.
It operates on D-1 and present the data for reporting purpose for various
users across bank from Regulatory to Head Office reporting and Reconciliation
Senior Software Engineer
Line / Function:
of Direct Reports:
role is for a Senior Software Developer
with experience of working within a dynamic and demanding environment
reacting to changing business needs who works equally well as an individual
or as part of a team.
Design, development and maintenance of data loading & reporting solution
To develop and maintain the entire Data warehouse back-end solution in order
to meet the business intelligence requirements.
To play a techno-functional role by being a part of the technical team for
developing and maintaining the Business Intelligence solution
• To consistently adapt best practices for system integration
• Interact with business, functional and technical representatives of
project teams, and various territories, vendors, APT teams and Paris Head
office representatives in order to analyse system requirements.
2. Conceptualization & Development
• Conceptualize the overall reporting approach and module design.
Develop specifications, benchmarking of hardware/software platforms; prepare
design documents, building proof of concepts, validation of design solution
and data modelling.
• Further enhance, trouble-shoot, understand & resolve problems
related to existing systems, in order to maximize system uptime and ensure
alignment with changing business environment.
• Establishes regular code reviews tied to on-going components/project
• Co-ordinate, communicate and collaborate with various internal and
external service providers, vendors and consultants, in order to ensure
timely delivery of solutions.
• Liaises with Infrastructure teams to ensure proper application configurations
and hardware performance efficiencies.
• Involve with the review and submission of all solution designs
provided by Vendor or in-house application development teams.
6. System upkeep
• To contribute towards housekeeping, system upgrades, installation,
backup/restore & adherence to DR plans, to maintain a robust application
system platform at all times.
• Control and oversee timely preparation, update and upkeep of all
documents necessary to be maintained within the solution framework, in order
to ensure easy availability of information pertaining to the solutions
developed and maintained.
• Train users on system functionality and usage in order to ensure
effective utilization of application systems.
• Proactively involve in the knowledge sharing activity with
colleagues, ongoing basis.
• To ensure all activities carried-out and solutions proposed, planned
and delivered are compliant with policy guidelines specified by BNPP Paribas
10. Contribution to Project /Organization
• Undertake training programs for the team. Guide junior team members
on the technology & processes front. Share with colleagues learning and
experience, whenever required.
Maintain organizational norms, professional code of ethics, work
decorum, regularity in work.
• 3 to 5 years of mandatory hands-on experience in SQL/ PLSQL.
• At least 3 to 4 years of hands-on experience in Unix shell scripting
• Experience working with Business Objects (BI4.2) development of Web
Intelligence reports and Desktop Intelligence reports will be good to have.
• Knowledge on any ETL tool will be added advantage.
Technical & Behavioral
Knowledge of SQL/PLSQL
Knowledge of Unix Shell scripting is
- Expected to have Good Knowledge of Sql
- Knowledge & Understanding of Business Objects
XI3.1, 4.2 Deski, Webi and Universe creation will be added advantage.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to present and explain complex technology
scenarios and concept
- Ability to work as part of a geographically
distributed team having members of diverse cultures
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Attention to detail / rigor
select up to 5 skills)
to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Degree or equivalent
least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
3 to 5 years