In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Senior Investment Advisor to take an active role in the Structured Products Advisory team.
Has direct access to RMs / clients with mandate of advisory on cross assets structured products, including Equity, Fund, FX, FICC and Hybrid structured products.
Contribute to cross assets structured products revenue budget
Promote BNPP WM APAC structured products as a differentiating range of solutions, leveraging on the full CIB toolbox and 'Know How' (as well as external counterparties from time to time), to be adapted to WM clients.
Responsible for helping RMs in pitching clients across the region (in HKG, China & Taiwan). Contribute to attract new AUM by proactively participate to strengthen existing relationships.
As part of the team, contribute to widening the range of solutions (cross asset) for these clients and prospects, leveraging on relationship with CIB and other provide providers so as to offer a broader and more competitive product offering.
Have a direct access to RMs and clients to promote structured products solutions in full compliance with suitability and cross-border policies of the Bank and :
• interact with CIBs (BNPP and other authorized counterparties) to leverage on institutional-like range of offering, investment ideas and market colors,
• interact with Advisory's dealers, ICs to optimize selling and marketing channels,
• drive advisory product ideas,
• coordinate closely with the Structured Products Execution team
• have an active involvement in campaign design and distribution in HK
• ensure quality and consistency of recommendations and follow-up,
• monitor and control operational risk & comply with local regulations and WM process and guidelines (ensure that all product documentation & presentation shall be compliant with BNPP WM internal guidelines and selling process).
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Product expertise and selling experience in wide range of structured products & derivatives solutions (Flow/Non Flow)
Capacity to innovate
Capacity to adapt to new type of innovative solutions ("originate to distribute", peer-to-peer)
Good initiative and creativity
Team spirit is also important personal quality (high synergy with team members to enhance penetration rate on both AUM/Revenues towards clients/prospects is crucial)
Specific Qualifications Required
- Previous experience in dealing with institutional and/or private banking clients is mandatory
- Possesses at least 8 years’ of relevant experience as a senior Flow/non-flow Equity-Derivatives sales from a reputable private banks or investment banks
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- CFA or equivalent qualification would represent a plus
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)Job Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 years
Behavioural competency: Attention to detail / rigor, Communication skills - oral & written, Ability to deliver / Results drivenTransversal competency: Analytical Ability