The Financial Reporting team is a customer focused team; they support the business and client activities of the Operations division of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
The team is responsible for the preparation and review of clients’ statutory financial statements, cash flow statements, notes and NZIFRS7 risk disclosures along with supporting work papers This involves reviewing reports prepared by our team offshore and ensuring that all data is reconciled to the investment system, registry, auditors, clients and other external sources. In terms of volume, the team is responsible for producing approximately 180 sets of financial statements at year end.
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant plays a key role in supporting the service delivered by the Fund Administration team and meeting our clients’ statutory reporting requirements. For actively managing the financial statements process. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant prepares and produces accurate and quality reporting in line with SLA targets.
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant has knowledge of Fund Accounting, Unit Pricing, Investment Administration and reconciliations. They understand the importance of accuracy in reporting. Time management and the ability to operate effectively within a team to meet critical time constraints are important.
Working with various teams and individuals in the Operations division, the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant is enlisted with providing excellent client support and service; they deal in a proactive and effective manner with clients, in particular overseeing or investigating and resolving complex client issues and ad hoc queries, on a timely basis.
Communication is also an important attribute for this role as the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant works directly with clients and provides technical advice to our clients and also to our internal departments. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant also takes full responsibility and represents their Financial Statements at client board meetings and as required.
In addition to report preparation and review, the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for identification, interpretation and implementation of legislative requirements/accounting standards for Financial Reporting. They are also responsible for the implementation of the operational risk and legislative requirements of Financial Administration and BNP Paribas policies, in particular, ensuring compliance with the implementation of the Operational Risk and Permanent Control framework.
- Financial statements preparation and review
- Cash flow statements, notes and NZIFRS7 risk disclosures along with supporting work papers
- Additional Client reporting
- Client and auditor management
- Resolution of client issues and ad hoc queries
- Assisting with related systems, process or internal change initiatives and process improvements
- Responsible for identification, interpretation and implementation of legislative requirements/accounting standards for Financial Reporting
- Responsible for the implementation of the operational risk and legislative requirements of Financial Administration and BNP Paribas policies, in particular, ensuring compliance with the implementation of the Operational Risk and Control framework. Control framework.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and Standardisation of business functions and applications and processes
- Actively participate in regular meeting times, 1-on-1’s and group discussions
Technical and behavioural competencies
- Demonstrated history of being results focused and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated history of managing clients and auditors at yearend
- Demonstrated ability to Lead by example - Walk the talk:
- Deliver on results promised. Able leadership requires an ability to deliver results.
- Value people and nurture relationships. Top-notch people skills are vital to sound leadership.
- Promote strategic cooperation. Collaboration is an indispensable component of leadership.
- Resolve conflict quickly and effectively. Approach conflict proactively, which means the sooner you resolve things, the better.
- Freely develop and support others.
- Professional development is an extraordinary mechanism for facilitating growth.
- Accountability - Committed to achieving the organisation’s objectives. Demonstrates perseverance and is accountable for own actions.
- Change management - Displays flexibility to change and is open to new ideas. Encourages others to be open to innovation. Values feedback and gives people scope and confidence to generate ideas.
- Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, intelligent and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market (both Internal and External Client)
- Collaborative approach - Supports and shows respect for others. Puts people first, and works effectively with individuals, teams and clients.
- Impact & influence - Creates a positive and professional impact on others. Uses effective strategies to win others over. Exhibits persuasive representation of team and business objectives.
- Individual Leadership - Uses an appropriate interpersonal style to inspire and guide colleagues towards goal achievement. Adjusts behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals.
- Resilience - Continues to work effectively and pursue goals when faced with obstacles, periods of change and uncertainty, or resistance from others. Maintains effectiveness in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
Qualification and experience
- Approximately 7+ years commercial experience in financial services accounting or financial reporting
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA)
- Knowledge of fund accounting, reporting and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the client service function
- Experience in identification, interpretation and implementation of legislative requirements/accounting standards for Financial Reporting
- Experience using central accounting systems and producing reconciliations