At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for design and engineering of secure network infrastructure.- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and defining security solutions in relation to development and support of simple to moderately complex security systems and business applications, specifications and procedures. Partners with assigned business lines on security controls and auditing/monitoring processes for said controls. Solutions must conform to regulatory obligations, Bank of the West security policy and Enterprise Information Security (EIS) security standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs advanced secure inter and intra network solutions, including physical and logical design.
- Designs monitoring systems to ensure service level quality and proper functionality and develops strategies to improve.
- Provides leadership in the coordination of tasks associated with projects, repairs or installations.
- Obtains information relative to problems clients are experiencing.
- Prepares reports and follow-up & evaluates results.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains required certifications identified by industry and equipment vendors.
- Leadership design and installation experience in LAN/WAN environments and complex network system.
- Technical and NOS expertise in the design and implementation of multi-vendor and multi-protocol networks, including the internet and intranet, and distributed systems consulting and integration.
- Hands-on experience with: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco Wireless LANs, Check Point Firewalls, Splunk, McAfee and Blue Coat Proxies. Network design, troubleshooting and implementation.
- Experience with Windows, Unix/Linux software, change control systems, network topologies, Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP and other protocols.
- Excellent analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and research skills
- Coordination of projects and events in both Traditional Project Management and Agile frameworks
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 30 pounds, frequent standing/walking
- Possible: 24x7; on-call/off hour support; weekend; holidays
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology