OSFI Reporting Team Leader
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Create, prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports intended for various government bodies as well as for our parent company.
This position does not involve personnel management.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Bank of Canada, the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) and Statistics Canada.
• Enter accounting documents on a daily basis.
• Prepare entries required for reporting purposes and process data for the end of month.
• Create and update working tables and documents for various computer reporting tools (Excel).
• Help prepare annual financial statements and assist external auditors.
• Update the procedures for various files.
• Contribute directly to the Permanent Operational Control process by applying procedures, implementing controls and alerting the hierarchy of any malfunction.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
• An accounting title or in the process of obtaining one, an asset
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other relevant background/experience
• Good knowledge of IFRS standards
• Knowledge of banking operations and/or financial products, an asset
• Proficiency with standard computer tools and software
• Bilingualism (spoken and written)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.