About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States.
13 Sep 2021
Business Line / Function:
Bank of the West IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Will be working as Oracle Database Administrator
- Work closely with onshore team.
- Drive operations and database projects independently
- Oracle DBA should be able to work independently on L1/L2/L3 issues. Perform operations in a manner in which the impact on database downtime is minimized and in accordance with established customer standard operating procedures.
- Should have DB2 working experience
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Must have Skills:
- Good understanding of the Oracle database architecture (Single Instance, RAC, Exadata and ASM), related utilities and tools on Oracle 10g, 11gr1, 11gr2 and 12c (Multitenant).
- Defining database standards and procedures to cover the instance parameters, object sizing, storage, and naming. The procedures define the process for install/upgrade, corporate database requirements, security, backup/recovery and automate the same.
- Design, architect, Hardening (Security features like TDE, TLS, Dbvault) and build databases based application systems from business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems that are completely available and highly scalable.
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system (linux) and knowledge of network and storage.
- A good knowledge of the physical database design and Partition Tables.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system (Unix/Linux) performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- A DBA should be able to work independently on P1 issues and prepare RCA documents.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Oracle high availability solutions like RAC and Dataguard.
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- A good knowledge and hands on experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g and 12c.
- Use tools for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Developing database administration procedures and responsibilities for production systems.
- Developing production database/storage(ASM) migration procedures.
- Coordinating upgrades of system software products to resolve any Oracle/operating system issues/conflicts.
- Provide off hours support and maintenance as required, part of the 24x7 operations support on call rotations.
- Automate DBA tasks.
- Install and configure DB2 software on Linux environment
- Apply new builds on the exiting DB2 software
- Backups and restore of databases
- Migrate Databases from one server to another
- Users access control and security
- Troubleshooting Performance issues
- Setup monitoring Jobs
- Unix and Shell Scripting
- Support Database deployment tasks
Nice to have Skills:
- Oracle database certification.
- Knowledge on Oracle Cloud environment.
- Knowledge of BigData and Goldengate is good to have.
- Proficiency working with Unix/Linux platforms with concrete knowledge of system administration/internals.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Scripting experience in one of the following: Unix/Linux shell scripting.