About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets (GM) business of BNP Paribas helps its Corporate and Institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7.
IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Infinity IT Park, Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The team is in charge of CIB’s Back Office platforms that manages notably deals & associated documentation (e.g. confirmations). Métiers covered are Interest Rates, Credit, Forex, Bonds, Commodities and Derivatives.
The platforms allows notably:
· document automatic creation, sending & reception (fax, swifts & emails),
· document drafting and validation, indexing and matching,
· tracking/chasing and litigations management,
· deal-related communication.
- Bug fixing, Maintenance & Enhancement, Development primarily using Core Java, Struts2, Spring, Hibernate and Oracle.
- Appropriate documentation to be provided for all deliveries.
- Contribution to template development using document drafting tool.
- Participate in configuration & release management.
- L3 technical support to production and UAT environments.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Hands on Java knowledge - OO Concepts, SOLID principles, design patterns
- Knowledge on control structures, access modifier, exception handling, generics, Enums, Data Type formatters, StringBuilder, StringBuffer, Synchronised, ArrayList, Set and HashMap, Sorting , Regular Expression. Build tools like maven, Gradle.
- Knowledge on anonymous classes, Inner classes, concurrency framework, Executor framework, Future Api, Collections, various sorting algorithm, Regular expression.
Knowledge on Java8 functional programming methods on streams, Collectors , Daemon threads, bounded and unbounded wild cards in Generics, Deep cloning and Shallow cloning, various open source libraries viz. commons collections, guava etc.. Knowledge on at least one mocking library in unit tests, Spring JDBCTemplate, JDBI, Designing immutable classes, JProfile, Visual VM, Debug Multithreaded Code.
- Have worked/Have knowledge of any kind of SQL programming either in academics/firm
- Understand syntax and function of sql programming of any choice (Sql-server/Oracle/Sybase/MySql)
-> Select , Distinct , Where , And & Or , Order By , Insert Into , Update , Delete , Injection , Select Top , Like , Wildcards , In , Between , Aliases , Joins , Inner Join , Left Join , Right Join , Full Join , Union , Select Into , Into Select , Create DB , Create Table , Constraints , Not Null , Unique , Primary Key , Foreign Key , Check , Default , Create Index , Drop , Alter , Auto Increment , Views , Dates , Null Values , Null Functions , Data Types , DB Data Types
Generic Functions like -
, Functions , Avg() , Count() , First() , Last() , Max() , Min() , Sum() , Group By , Having , Ucase() , Lcase() , Mid() , Len() , Round() , Now() , Format()
- Understand normalization; Different perspective on the data with views, stored procs, triggers. Know how to write queries, subqueries, and user defined functions.
- Junit (v4 & above)
- Jquery (Ajax scripting, HTML, CSS)
- Spring (IoC, Boot, Security)
- Hibernate (schema creation, session management, entity management)
- REST WS (uri design, http request, session and methods, security)
- Unix (basic commands & shell scripting)
- DevOps tools – GIT (commands, branching strategy), Jenkins
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)