Full Time, Permanent
Solihull B91 2AA
Competitive Salary, plus car allowance, benefits and bonus
The IT / Systems team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our established team. This opportunity would suit an experienced delivery focused Project Manager, ideally from a financial services or regulated industry background, who is aiming to progress to a Senior Project Manager in future.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Within the department you will be welcomed into a wider team of around 70 colleagues, 6-8 of whom will be in your immediate project team.
You’ll be responsible for project deliverables by actively managing risks and delivering to specified timescales, budget and quality, to achieve the benefits defined within the business case. Initially you’ll be part of a long term, high profile project that is at approximately the halfway point on the timeline, so you’ll be able to hit the ground running and get stuck in.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Produce a project plan and maintain it by monitoring project or work stream activities to the plan, taking corrective actions if necessary
- Review and accept work packages developed throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead and task manage the project teams or work streams on a day to day basis to ensure required products are produced and delivered as specified/defined via the work packages or work assigned to ensure specific project deliverables are delivered as agreed
- Liaise with and hold checkpoint meetings with project / work stream team plus clients, partners, third parties and stakeholders, ensuring an effective and professional customer/provider relationship is established and maintained
- Ensure risks and issues regarding production of project or work stream products and completion of work packages are identified and dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Manage the project budget to achieve the Business Case, highlighting under and over spends
- Ensure the project teams follow the Project Management Methodology and ensure project governance is adhered to in order for the project to be delivered to time, cost quality, scope, risks and benefits
- Manage interdependencies and interfaces between the various work streams of the project
To be successful for this position, you’ll need:
- Relevant Project/Programme Manager Experience, alongside formal qualifications: PRINCE2, Agile Project Management, SCRUM
- Leadership skills
- Delivery focused / results driven
- Excellent stakeholder management skills- within this role you’ll be liaising with colleagues at all levels- including our Executive team- and liaising with teams in our offices in France (travelling to them approximately once per quarter)
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple, complex, large-scale programmes and projects at any one time
- Experience of working within a matrix management programme and Business as Usual environment
- Proven budget control and cost management
- Ability to work on own initiative
This position is based in our office in central Solihull, unfortunately we are unable to guarantee free car parking however we are within a short walk of the High Street and Solihull train station, as well as local pay and display car parks. Working from home flexibility is offered within the role once embedded, and subject to project demands.
We understand that next step in your career journey is an important one. We also know it’s all about the people as they are the ones that make our business the success it is. That’s why we provide colleagues with opportunities to make great things happen in an open and exclusive environment.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative and fun and we challenge everyone to make a difference for colleagues, customers, partners and our community.
Being part of the BNP Paribas global banking group means you’re part of something big; with plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make a real difference.
As you’d expect from being a global banking group, we can give you an award winning benefits package that gives you flexibility to choose your benefits based on what’s important to you. You’ll also have a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy.
Is there a fit?
If you’re interested in joining our dynamic and growing team, then we’d love to hear from you.