In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within CIB IT & Operations organization, ITO Client Management and Credit Operations (ITO CLM CO) is a regional team in charge of managing the client administration throughout its journey – this includes client on boarding, client services and client referential data management – within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), and the Credit Operations framework (Middle Office and Back Office Operations).
Within the Projects and Organisation team, the Senior Project Manager is a Team Leader with the main responsibility to manage the day-to-day of the Change & Deployment team and the associated portfolio of projects, as well as driving directly strategic projects throughout the region (design, framing, implementation, monitoring, governance), under the leadership of the Head of P&O APAC CLM CO.
With proximity to Regional Management, the Senior Project Manager must have strong project management skills in terms of presentation, stakeholders’ management, ability to deep-dive, solutions mindset, and influence towards the P&O Team but also the Leadership Team of CLM CO.
It is a pivotal position in the P&O Team in terms of project management, leadership with exposure to the CLM CO platform, and interactions with ITO and Front Office stakeholders.
- Management of the Change and Deployment team, composed of Project Managers
- Manage the project portfolio of the Client Management and Credit Operations frameworks
- Ensure projects assigned to the Projects and Organization team are duly managed and delivered within agreed timeframe,
- Ensure the projects are properly defined, planned, budgeted/resourced and sponsored
- work closely with the Sponsors & users to inventory, clarify and consolidate their requirements
- Consolidate the cost/benefit analysis, incl. potential business case, and get sign off
- Identify sub-projects impacted and ensure dependencies are clearly identified and managed
- Monitor progress and report on implementation of the projects
- Ensure qualitative project deliverables/documentations
- Manage risk and communicate appropriately
- Where relevant, ensure any project considers regulatory or compliance guidelines, as well as, IT and Project Management controls and methodology
- Drive strategic projects, or contribute to them: smartsourcing, digital tools, KYC, Referential, AML, Credit Operations.
- Manage team capacity and resources cross-projects
- Provide Management with appropriate reporting on the projects portfolio, progress and associated risks
- Perform staff appraisal
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- 5+ years of experience as (senior) project manager
- Successful previous management experience is a plus
- Strong team player, coaching skills
- Ability to interact appropriately in a non-hierarchical framework with a variety of stakeholders including SME from Operations or IT, business and senior management
- Organized and delivery-focused, with attention to detail
- Comfortable operating with a strong level of autonomy and/or under pressure, running multiple projects in parallel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think outside the box and to deal with novelty
- Demonstrate hands-on attitude, adept at conflict resolution and is a creative problem solver
- Proactive, proposing or taking own initiatives to prevent risks / issues
- Strong written/verbal communication and reporting skills
- Basic knowledge of budget and cost control
- Solid work ethic and high level of motivation
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Mandarin and/or French a plus
- Knowledge of KYC or Credit Operations preferred.
- Positive and constructive thinking, always looking for improvements within the team and organization.
- Flexibility, able to work alone or within small teams, open to new practices & methodologies in a rapidly changing and multi-cultural environment
- Professionalism & Communication, to clearly communicate issues and objectives to all levels of the organization