Operational Permanent Control Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of Group Finance operating model and decided to create Group Finance Services (GFS) in Portugal, as a response to an increase in regulatory evolutions. GFS is a reporting and servicing centre, which covers a broad range of Finance activities for Group Finance and other métiers and entities within BNP Paribas worldwide.
Launched in 2016, GFS has quickly become a reference in the field, thanks to the expertise developed. It aims at further establishing itself as a front line player by leading the way to innovation in financial services methodologies.
Within Group Finance Services, an Operating Office will be set up to support the management of the center.
As Internal Control Officer within the Operating Office, you will contribute to the mitigation of both financial reporting and operational risks for Group Finance Services and participate in improving quality of activities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Internal Control Officer (Operational Permanent Controller) of Group Finance Services in Lisbon, you are responsible for ensuring the respect and implementation of the key internal control principles of Group Finance. Your main missions are to:
- Identify the need for additional controls and procedures and coordinate the creation of new procedures within the operational departments
- Ensure the respect of Group procedures and control plans by implementing independent controls on the activities of operational stakeholders and updating the existing controls and tools
- Identify incidents/failures and measure risks by collecting or creating operational risk incidents (historical and potential incidents)
- Contribute to the follow-up on the implementation of recommendations and actions plans
- Support to Management for all control and risk mitigation initiatives (production of regular reports)
- Communication and explanation of the approach to the operational stakeholders
- Prepare and lead the Internal Control Committee meeting of Group Finance Services in Lisbon.
- Master’s degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business
- Professional experience: Between 3 to 5 years of experience in external or internal audit, control, or risk department. Previous experience in Finance or banking is a plus
- Knowledge of Risk Management basics
- Analytical skills
- Organized and rigorous
- Strong Communication and coordination skills
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate, excellent writing skills), French is a plus
- Ability to work in international environment and with different stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.