IT Internal Auditor
About BNP Paribas India Solution Pvt Ltd:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, which is one of the leading banking groups in the world. With two delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a 24x7 global delivery center. It services the two business lines of BNP Paribas:
a) Corporate & Institutional Banking: This provides a full range of solutions tailored to the needs of two client franchises: corporates and institutional investors.
b) Retail Banking & Services: This consists of the Group’s retail banking networks and the specialized financial services. Today, BNP Paribas India Solutions provides best-in-class solutions in three main business verticals:
Information Technology: Application Development and Maintenance, IT Production Support, IT Testing, IT Infrastructure and IT Security.
Operations: Payments Processing, Trade Finance Operations, Capital Markets and Client Management Operations.
Finance: Account Payables and Nostro Reconciliation, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Accounting Controls, Business Analysis
- To participate in audit assignments to facilitate business and support activities in a risk controlled environment.
- To participate in reviews on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, business lines, entity management and audit committees.
- To assist to review the implementation status of audit recommendations for closure.
- To assist in conducting audit risk assessments and periodic reporting to IG APAC and IG Head Office.
- Audit Assignments
- Lead the assignment / review in accordance with BNP Paribas Group Internal Audit Guidelines, International Professional Practices and established internal communication protocol.
- Oversee and co-ordinate work performed to ensure optimal resource allocation and efficient completion of assignment.
- Planning of the assignment e.g. preparing the methodology, collating raw data, obtaining past recommendations, preparatory meetings with auditees etc.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Governance, Risk Management and internal Control setup.
- Raise appropriate findings and recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Review work done by audit team to ensure that the work scope objectives are achieved.
- Complete the audit report within the recommended timeline.
- Escalate to the Supervisor unresolved matters or disputes with the auditees for timely resolution.
- Assist in the documentation gathering for the assignment
- Assist in the review of the audit scope by carrying out audit objectives and test steps to achieve these objectives
- Document work performed on investigation working papers for easy retrieval to substantiate work done.
- Review the implementation of recommendations upon request for closure
- Validate the implementation of recommendations and maintain audit trail of correspondences with auditees in respect of all implementation.
- Update the status in the IG system (UNIK 2).
- Annual risk assessment
- Assist in performing the risk assessment per the guidelines and templates.
- Head Office reporting
- Contribute by reporting on the developments and control related events arising within the base location.
- Regulatory updates
- Be updated with regulatory requirements that are relevant to business activities and functions within the base location.
- Assist Head of Territory audit for regulatory matters.
- Regularly communicate with IG Regional and keep team members posted on significant events and regulatory requirements within base location.
- Ability to perform work within the time frame
- Ability to acquire the required knowledge
- Ability to be autonomous, to take initiatives and work as a team
- Good proficiency in written and oral communication in English
- Minimum 3 years of IT operational experience (preferably in IT security/Cybersecurity, IT production operations such as IT systems integration, database management, network administration, IT Software development)
- Minimum 2 years of internal auditing experience
- Global or regional experience in financial institutions
- Data analytics experience is a plus
- At least one of the below certifications:
- CIA, CISA, CRISC
- CISM, CISSP, CEH, ISO27001,