Data Quality Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporate and institutional clients, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas.
BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
CIB data Office is made up of 2 teams:
- CIB Analytics Consulting: in-house centre of expertise on Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Quality/integrity & protection team (Business as usual and Projects):
Within Quality/integrity & protection team, the Data Quality & Governance team is responsible to follow data quality of critical data identified at CIB level and to ensure the appropriate governance and remediation process is in place.
CIB Data Office is looking for a Data Quality Analyst based in Lisbon to:
- Coordinate Issue Management and Remediation (IMR) Process
- Issue identification/collection
- First assessment level and prioritisaton
- Issues coordination with multiple worldwide stakeholders (CIB metiers and functions, CIB Regional teams, Group data Office, Group RISK, Group Finance …)
- Allocation to local Stakeholders
- Resolution follow-up
- Produce and comment on IMR status during quality committees
- Improve efficiency of IMR Process (ie minimize delays, increase visibility)
- Identify structural issues for which resolution would have strong impact to reduce number of issues
- Identify axis of improvement in the process
- Define target BAU Framework in coordination with CIB stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall IMR tool implementation
- Participate to Data Governance/ Data Quality Projects (ie EUCs Management, Generic Control Plans, Shortcuts Remediation …).
- Participate to Data culture diffusion (“Know your Data”) to CIB stakeholders: communication, training
· 3-5 year experience
· Previous experience within Financial Services environment
· Risk related data: credit risk and/or counterparty risk are compulsory, liquidity risk is a plus
· CIB environment (organization and métiers) appreciated but not required
· Data Governance & Data Quality management
· Analytical skills
· Project Management
· Ability to deliver / Results driven
· Good written and spoken English, basic French is required
· Advanced data exploration skills (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Python, …) although not strictly mandatory, are highly desirable.
· Ability to work in a team (despite geographical distance)
· Communication skills
· Synthesis skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they
foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.