At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for integration, transformation, and delivery of data to the primary reporting and analysis tools. Supports the delivery of information from Bank of the West's (the Bank) data by utilizing data integration processes and supports the Extract Transform Load (ETL) from multiple sub ledger transaction systems, creating information necessary to support reporting needs. There is frequent interaction with executive level financial managers. This role will apply effective and innovative technology solutions to improve functional performance and reduce information processing risk. Utilize experience and knowledge to provide the best solution to business integration challenges and make recommendations that will improve business results and generate significant return on Investment.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Utilize experience and knowledge of the specific Integration solutions to provide the best solution to business integration challenges. Make recommendations to utilize technology in a manner that will improve business results and generate significant return on Investment. Analyzes and evaluates business requirements; diagnose the design and propose/design alternatives and business recommendations. Support the implementation of new data requirements. Provides basic technical/analytical assistance to Finance staff including interpretation of requirements. Able to communicate with functional users, lead teams of high level managers in solving business challenges.
- Assists with the design of ETL processes by leveraging Informatica Power Center 7.0 or Hyperion Data Integration tools. Strives to ensure ETL process is developed in a modular fashion in shared folders and reusable objects to enforce consistency standards
- Apply transformation rules or functions to extracted data to derive the data to be loaded.
- Support the data load production process and the implementation of new data load files in accordance with the department’s change management process.
- Trouble shooting to quickly diagnose and work towards problem resolution.
- Maintains data quality by implementing defined internal controls and monitoring processes. This can include controls to identify individual ETL flows that are performance issues. Ensure ETL code is organized into logical folder and directory names designing new structures as required utilizing object naming conventions to encourage consistent development and ease of migration from development to test to production.
- Work closely with Information Technology staff through the phases of coding and implementation of external data source files providing clarifications as necessary. Maintain effective ongoing communications with the business and IT community and operational management regarding system plans, projects, budgets, expenditures and policies.
- Applies systems procedures, system operating guides, contingency and recovery plans and maintains technical application level documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance