Corporate Credit Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
CIB is an international core business with important platforms in Paris, London, Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo and Singapore. It is organized around two main poles, Global Banking and Global Markets.
As part of Global Banking, there is Corporate Coverage EMEA and Financing Solutions EMEA which are mainly focused on plain vanilla financing, hedging facilities, debt origination and structuring, and also including sectorial expertise.
The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within BNP Paribas, Credit Analysis plays a fundamental role in the selection of the bank’s assets, contributing to the sustainability of the business model. This is critical in reaching the right credit decisions, bringing added value to the business as well as strongly monitoring risks.
- Assessment and monitoring of Credit Risk according to Regulatory and Internal risk policies on a portfolio of corporate credit clients
- Interaction with different departments and stakeholders part of the corporate credit process, on a local and international scale
- Preparation of written Credit Proposals combining financials analysis with sectorial information to support Credit Committee Decisions regarding the client’s risk of default, credit rating and adequacy of the proposed financing.
- A structured training path: theoretical and on the job training provided
- Career path including mobility after 2.5-3 years, within our global network on a worldwide scale
- Distant working environment, including also travelling and meeting other EMEA teams
- An international and cooperative working environment within the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English (mandatory).
- Knowledge of the Corporate banking environment is beneficial
- Detail oriented with a solid knowledge of financial analysis under several standards
- Team spirit
- Efficient organizational and planning capacities
- Self-starter, good initiative & flexible
- Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk