An increasingly popular form of training
Students today can now complete all of their higher education through work-study programs, up to the Master’s level, in a wide range of industries. And though work-study is not yet available for every specialty, certain programs rely heavily upon them:
- 22% of students enrolled in professional undergraduate programs have apprentice status
- Master’s degrees offer work-study not only in the fields of administration, IT and management, but also in human resources, law, culture and communications
- Engineering schools (up to Master’s level) have also adopted work-study: over 200 engineering apprenticeships are now accredited by the CTI accreditation body for engineering schools, while the 2013-2014 academic year saw 17,500 apprentices enrolled in engineering programs
- Business schools (up to Master’s level) are offering increasing numbers of work-study opportunities to their students, primarily in the last two years of their degrees
BNP Paribas believes in work-study
BNP Paribas has offered work-study for many years – so much so that hiring apprentices is almost second nature.
Opting for a work-study contract at BNP Paribas means achieving a recognized degree while acquiring crucial experience and receiving a competitive salary, set by a precise matrix based on education level. Whether in apprenticeship or professionalization contracts, BNP Paribas recruits numerous work-study students each year :
- Undergraduate level (Bac+2): BTS or DUT (banking, business or marketing) and professional degree programs (banking or business)
- Master’s level (Bac+4/5): Master 2 programs at universities, engineering schools and business schools (banking/finance, business, management, administration or accounting)
- Intermediate level (Bac+2 to Bac+4): designed for “atypical profiles” such as young graduates in human sciences, literature or communication, receiving training as Junior Financial Advisors
Work-Study at BNP Paribas in 2016 :
students RECRUiTed in 2016
Over 2,000 work-study positions available in 2016
Every year, BNP Paribas recruits a large number of students through work-study programs, across nearly 300 different activities.
For the Group, recruiting work-study candidates means investing in the future: BNP Paribas finances the education of each work-study employee, while students receive career advice from a tutor as well as quality internal training.
It is only beneficial for the Group to capitalize on work-study, as these programs account for a substantial portion of its new recruits in open-ended contracts each year.
Work-study represents a powerful springboard to long-term employment at an international and dynamic group.
In 2016, BNP Paribas will recruit 2,000 students in work-study contracts. Most positions will be in sales, IT and support functions (marketing, human resources, communications).
Our recruitment campaign is now underway until September: there’s still time to seize this opportunity that could change your career!
Work-study represents a powerful springboard to long-term employment at an international and dynamic group