BNP Paribas Fortis has created the Tennis Summer Tour, a travelling event that is taking place throughout the summer along the Belgian coast.
· Men's Tennis Summer Tour at Knokke-Le Zoute, from 9 to 16 July 2011
· Men's Tennis Summer Tour at Duinbergen, from 22 to 29 July 2011
· Men's Tennis Summer Tour at Ostend, from 30 July to 6 August 2011
· Flanders Ladies Trophy at Koskijde, from 6 to 14 August 2011
The Tennis Village by BNP Paribas Fortis is a totally mobile construction that is set up in each of the host towns. It comprises:
- 2 tennis courts for introducing new players to the game of tennis. Introductory sessions are led by tennis teachers and coaches from the Flemish Tennis Federation (VTV).
- 6 reception, information and marketing marquees
- A “Streamer” vehicle promoting the wearetennis.com website. Demos, games, tests, PlayStation video games and more can be played on a giant screen as well as on iPads integrated into the sides of the vehicle.
- A photo stand with a backdrop of an actual tennis court, including an umpire's chair, players' benches and shade umbrellas.
- Fitness and health tests are also available.
There will also be opportunities to meet with ITF players, coaches, former players, Carl Maes (Kim Clijsters' coach and a TV commentator) and even the VTV mascot (Kastaar).
The daily program is made up of two sessions: an introduction to tennis (= Tennis Try Out) and a game that sets targets for visitors to achieve (= Tennis Contest). Both of these options enable visitors to win prizes chosen from a range of “We Are Tennis” items.
By supporting this local event, BNP Paribas Fortis, in close collaboration with the Flemish Tennis Federation (VTV), aims to promote tennis in Belgium. It also provides an opportunity for participants to discover or further explore the wearetennis.com website.
Read moreAll news
In 2018, BNP Paribas launched an initiative to help create the next generation of top-level...