Graduate Program GLOBAL MARKETS BNP Paribas CIB
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) provides services to corporate and institutional clients, accompanying them in their path towards the successful completion of their strategic goals, providing capital markets, global markets, advisory and corporate banking services.
Global Markets (GM) offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. The client base comprises corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
The Corporate Sales Team in Global Markets is looking for someone to join the team as part of the Graduate Program, based in Madrid.
The successful candidate will help originate and address strategic corporate risk management needs across asset classes such as interest rates and foreign exchange for corporate clients based in Spain and Portugal.
- Assist in the origination and execution of cross asset risk management solutions, predominantly related to macro, strategic or financing events:
- Support in the preparation of high quality marketing materials, pitches, transaction documentation and recurring market updates and ideas to clients, interacting with other local and international teams and Grads when appropriate
- Perform modelling, pricing, stress testing, and scenario analysis of various market risk factors impacting hedging instruments and clients’ corporate finance and credit metrics
- Read company financials and news flow to help identify and measure operational and strategic hedging opportunities, highlighting and proposing solutions and ideas to the team
- Over time, develop a sound understanding of corporate market and clients’ dynamics, common financing structures, event-driven situations and associated hedging solutions:
- Compile market intelligence and research analysis on market trends, regulatory changes, competitive landscape and new products launched in the market
- Research and assess client credit metrics, rating agency considerations, and hedge accounting standards related to risk management transactions
- Interact with structuring, trading and other sales, coverage or product teams to stay abreast of market trends and new products and solutions
- Support in all pre and post trading activity, with interactions in full autonomy (and with the supervision, when necessary) with middle office and back office, control functions, structuring and trading
- Help maintain regular reporting activities and KPI monitoring for the business
- Contribute to the preparation and support of client mapping activities, client events, conferences and seminars
- Actively participate in group discussions and participate in sales and product meetings both in Iberia and internationally
Qualifications and Background
- Education: Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering
- Inquisitive, proactive, detail-oriented, problem-solving and analytical attitude to fully support sales in all internal and client-facing activities, making sure the team delivers relevant, timely and top quality content, solutions and pricing to clients
- Team player with strong technical, commercial and interpersonal skills
- Fluent Spanish and English (written and spoken), Portuguese a strong plus
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Some understanding of financial markets and instruments would be desirable
- Coding proficiency and Bloomberg knowledge would be viewed positively
You will be supported and mentored by junior and senior members of the corporate sales and global markets team, who will provide guidance and direction on workflow and priorities for the business. Over time, you are expected to increasingly add to the team, helping develop and maintain client relationships and generate new business opportunities.
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.