BNP Paribas in the Nordics
BNP Paribas is a top 3 leading international bank employing 193,000 across 68 countries. Corporate Institutional Banking (CIB) is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our corporate and institutional clients with capital markets, securities services, financing, transaction banking, treasury and advisory solutions as well as M&A and strategic advisory. BNPP is a market leading ESG bank embedding Sustainability in the normal course of business.
The Nordic Region is a clear strategic growth priority for BNP Paribas as part of its 2025 Growth Technology and Sustainability (GTS) Plan. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. With around 900 staff across CIB, Personal Finance, Factor, Arval, Leasing Solutions, Exane BNPP, Asset Management and Cardif, BNP Paribas is the international bank with the largest footprint in the Nordic Region.
The Corporate Coverage team in Copenhagen is looking for highly motivated candidates interested in the financial markets with a drive to work in a dynamic and rewarding workplace. The Copenhagen-based internship offers an opportunity to work with colleagues in Denmark and globally, supporting top Nordic corporates navigating the financial markets.
The Corporate Coverage internship offers an opportunity to work with our client facing team, covering relationships with large Danish corporates. The internship is part or full-time, depending on your availability, and would give you an immense opportunity to learn about a variety of products, clients and markets, as a compliment to your studies.
Support the Head of Coverage, Directors and VPs in identifying, developing and managing corporate relationships. Specifically you will:
- Take the lead in the Know Your Customer (KYC) process ensuring KYC is in place and up to date
- Support in the management of the credit process to ensure all Annual Reviews and transaction requests are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain databases and client data monitoring
- Undertake research on prospect clients/industries
- Prepare tailored pitch books and marketing material for client presentations
- Knowledge of accounting/company financial statements
- Confident verbal communication and networking skills
- Methodical, logical, systematic, pro-active and solution-driven approach
- Great multitasking and time management skills
- Team player prepared to “roll up their sleeves” to get things done
- Interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
Technical skills and qualifications
- Ongoing academic degree with excellent track record
- Mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel and Powerpoint (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
- Excellent spoken and written English and fluency in at least one Nordic language
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better. It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, creating equal opportunities for all. Join us and bring your full self to work!