At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
With minimal supervision, participates and leads in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Obtains information relative to business requirements in order to design and prepare solution proposal alternatives in line with strategies and best practices.
- Develops and reviews system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Guides the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
- Leads the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. High-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Advanced knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seven or more years of directly related experience in the Network Engineering, Design, and Operations in large enterprise networks.
• Advanced skills in many of the following:
- Experience with Cisco router and switch device operation, management and configuration is required
- Leads network system hardware and software installation, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco Data Center network design is required.
- Emphasis on secure and resilient network design following industry and vendor best practices
- Cisco Fabric Path, SDA, ACI, and related systems
- Expert knowledge of routing protocols, LAN protocols, TCP/IP protocols, and protocol analysis is required
- Experience in working with Carrier WAN technologies
- Knowledge of Cisco network virtualization is required
- Knowledge and skills in Cisco wireless network and Voice over IP (VoIP) technologies is required
- Ability to troubleshoot complex system and application problems in a multi-protocol, multi-vendor enterprise network is required. Serves as a high-level escalation point for problem resolution.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS is desirable
• Advanced capabilities in analysis, research, planning, and procedure documentation
• PC proficiencies including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities are required
• Background and knowledge of the Banking regulatory environment is desirable
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.