At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Position Summary
Under the general direction, of a
Sr. Business Analyst and/or Project manager, assist with evaluating and
analyzing complex information to support projects and/or in overall management
of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements
and/or solutions and leads efforts to solve problems and issues related to day-to-day
1. Advises and leads in the planning and implementation of
projects and strategic initiatives for the Business Unit/Department.
2. Drives business team members to define business needs
through utilization of effective elicitation techniques.
3. Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles
differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and
results measurements are employed.
4. Responsible for effective communication to all business
partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and
well thought out prior to implementation.
5. Responsible for ensuring that project's dependencies are
clearly defined and appropriately communicated in terms of time required to
6. Primary liaison with business partners, development team,
and technology. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and
provides business knowledge as needed.
7. Conduct gap analysis of to compare as-is with the to-be
business processes, perform analysis and offer solution recommendations.
8. Develop wireframes, mock-ups, process flows, and etc. to
display the visualization of front-end user designs and business processes.
9. Create different artifacts such as business requirements,
functional requirement specifications, technical design specifications,
traceability matrix to the defined requirements.
10. May assist in annual business unit operating and capital
expense budget planning.
11. May provide back-office training and support on
application usage and functionality.
12. May lead and advise business units in the development of
analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis,
communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
13. May assist business unit production functions during
high volume periods
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Evaluate data available in the current sources and identify
gaps or data quality issues that need to be addressed to meet the functional
2. Develop scenarios and logic to oversee data and data quality
remediation efforts to meet these requirements.
3. Understand any customer data attribute derivations or
transformations required to support the reporting needs of these functions.
4. Monitor the quality of data within the bank’s systems as it
relates to the data impacting these teams.
5. Document, prioritize and update data quality related issues;
work closely with business and technology representatives to have them
6. Provide leadership for the testing of data in line with the
7. Design near term tactical solutions and long term designs
for addressing issues with the data.
8. Ensure consumers of the data from the functions understand
the proposed solution approaches, priorities, scope, timing and availability of
data and the implications of any derivations to meet their requirements.
9. Investigate data and provide insight to solution
feasibility, data quality issues, needed controls, and potential issues in
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
Strong knowledge of business data within a banking organization.
Prior experience in the financial industry is highly desirable, specifically as it relates to Risk, Finance, Financial Reporting, Compliance, or Treasury functions.
Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements, for example:
- Knowledge with Bank Security Act (BSA) processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of key database concepts, data models, relationships between different types of data, etc.
- Ideal candidate will understand customer and account data management practices and data
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Experience with User acceptance testing (UAT) preparation and execution
Administrative/Technical Skills – Job-specific skill requirements, for example:
- Action oriented change agent mentality with a strong drive for results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data using SQL, MS Access, Excel, and BI tools
- Ability to work with people across multiple work-streams.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve problem quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.