About the job
- We're searching for a top-notch Senior Java Developer to join our dynamic team! In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects on a multicultural and international organization
Your Main Activities Are
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-quality Java applications
- Collaborating with the product team to understand requirements, provide technical solutions, and ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Understanding of design & architecture principles, common data structures and algorithms complexity
- Staying up-to-date with the latest Java technologies and trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Java development
- Strong hands-on experience with Java (recent versions)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration/delivery processes
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Proficient Linux user
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Expert in Java-core including concurrency, performance tuning, spring framework
- Familiarity with cloud computing and cloud deployment
- Strong portfolio showcasing relevant Java development projects (e.g. GitHub page)
- Proven leadership skills and ability to mentor junior team members
- We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about technology, and who is excited to work on challenging projects in a fast-paced environment
- If you meet the qualifications and are ready to take on a new challenge, we would love to hear from you
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.