About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Businessline/Function :
Performance Steering within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities
FSS PS – Global Hexis
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The Jobholder is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting in financial and management accounting systems, production of the monthly expenses accounting and management reporting including preparation of standard and ad hoc reports, supporting the annual expense budget & periodic forecasts exercise, responding to audit queries and coordinating with various teams to ensure proper completion of monthly deliverables.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
·Preparation of business line wise reports providing insights to the management on business performance (covering P&L and headcount)
- Monthly updation of Cost & HC information in BI solutions like Tableau and Power BI
·Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance
·Perform month-end reporting for entities within the set deadlines
·Perform reconciliation between various Management accounting systems to substantiate balances and breaks pertaining to both costs and revenues.
·Actively participate in the budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
·Assist in monthly system parameters checking; update and maintain referential (i.e. mapping tables) for which the team is responsible
·On a timely basis, provide complete and accurate financial data to the Reporting Team for report production
·Provide assistance in responding to questions / requests for information to auditors, regulators
·Escalating problems / issues to the team manager
·Providing quality service to other groups
·Perform necessary controls, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further guidance on material issues
·Document and keep procedures for the production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
- Assist in identifying process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
· Provide cross-training to colleagues and perform specific duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for colleagues)
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong working knowledge of data manipulation tools using Alteryx and Tableau
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
• At least 2-3 years of experience in accounting and management reporting
• Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview / Essbase and MS Access desirable
• Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
• Good analytical skills and understanding of cost allocation methodologies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
MBA Finance / Inter CA /M Com
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required) MBA Finance / Inter CA /M Com