About the job
- In a complex regulatory context, monitoring of the Operational Risk is a challenge for the bank and for Corporate & Institutional Banking Human Resources (CIB HR).
- The permanent control system we are developing therefore takes on its full meaning in this critical environment where it becomes essential to coordinate our control actions in order to improve overall efficiency.
- CIB HR has decided to build a more robust control framework and to harmonise those processes on a worldwide basis.
- This job will report locally to the Head of CIB HR Reporting and functionally to the CIB HR COO.
Your Main Activities Are
- Manage the implementation and coordination of MIFID2 (the Knowledge and Competence section) within the CIB France and Europe scope
- Monitoring and follow-up of the MiFID II regulation.
- Participate in information gathering and ensure completeness.
- Interaction with the various functions and business lines contributing on the subject (Compliance, GM, GB, ALMT, BP2S)
- Ensuring rigorous data quality in all files
- CFTC/SEC SBSD:
- Management of annual recertification process: Campaign implementation and follow up with business, functions, region/territory
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to local HR, Business, Compliance as appropriate as soon as an non-compliant questionnaire is identified
- Manage the update and maintenance of the Associated Persons golden source file by ensuring data quality and integrity
- Verification of Background check evidences recorded in SharePoint:
- By ensuring that all documentations are available in SharePoint and are compliant with regulatory requirements (val4eyes).
- By ensuring that the team investigates and reports the non-compliant cases on a daily basis
- Manage escalation process on resolution of non-compliant cases involving relevant teams when needed
- Implementing procedures for the CFTC Masterfile based on regional expertise (APAC/AMERICAS/EMEA) in order to have global database
- Setup and follow up of projects from the specifications up to the go live
- Develop and enhance the current processes & services, proposing improvements to better serve our clients
- Manage department KPI’s and ensure the respective controls
- Stakeholder management skills and anticipating their needs
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master degree in Management, Finance or Human Resources
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience in Finance or Human Resources
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint etc.) package advanced level
- Attention to detail
- Innovation and creativity
- Results and delivery focus especially during change with customer satisfaction in mind
- Good communications and interpersonal skills required
- Strong Team Spirit
- Capacity to manage priorities
- Sense of confidentiality
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.