About the job
- The CTM Capital Markets Officer is involved in setting up and monitoring financing operations and is in direct contact with the Front Office on all matters relating to deals, in particular to ensure the feasibility of their "operability". The officer is also in charge of the accurate translation of the operations in the Bank’s systems and official reports until the reimbursements of the deals. The Middle Officer for “Structured Credit” Products ensures that the rules applicable to BNP Paribas (accounting, regulatory, legal, ALM – Asset Liability Management, etc.) are complied with in each transaction
Your Main Activities Are
- To monitor the portfolio, the Middle Officer will interact with a large number of stakeholders: clients for bilateral deals, lawyers, Back Office, ITO 3 C, Risk, Finance, Tax, Legal Affairs, ALM, … Liaise with the Front Office upstream of the signatures of the documentation; assistance during the negotiation phase on technical and legal points of the Documentation
- Involvement in the verification chain of KYC and Customer Bases
- Understanding of the specificities of deals; if necessary, search for solutions or agreements with Finance, Tax Affairs, Legal Affairs, among others
- Research in the Financing Contracts relevant data to send instructions to the Back Office for encoding it in the Bank's systems (Risk and Accounting) and the its materialization in files (Excel; AFIF)
- Verification that the Conditions Precedents (CPs) or the first drawdowns are met, particularly on bilateral deals
- Follow-up of drawdowns and renewal of facilities, early repayments, follow-up of insurance and sub-participations. Follow-up of events throughout the lifecycle (amendments; changes of Shareholders; Acquisitions...)
- Application of Booking Rules, Sharing Charters and Transfer Pricing Agreement (TPA)
- Study and analysis of up front commissions in order to comply with Accounting Standards before accounting instructions
- Analysis of the Guarantees Received in connection with the Business and with the assistance of the Internal Lawyers. Instructions for recordings then follow-up of events and of the obligations of Borrowers to Lenders (static data) for recording in the Covenant Manager tool
- Monitoring of profitability and in particular of Liquidity Costs; link with the ALM
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management / Economics / Finance and Accounting
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral, is mandatory
- Knowledge in MS Office Pack (Excel)
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Organisational Skills
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Analytical Ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.