In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
China is opening its capital markets to foreign financial institutions and is a critical area of BNP Paribas’s business growth in AsiaPac. We have strong commitments to build a world-class securities company in China and offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients.
You will be joining the Information Technology team of China Securities, providing an end-to-end support service for a wide range of business activities from Global Markets (Equities, F&O), Equity Research to Asset Management.
The role involves interacting and working closely with :
- Users from different departments (front to back)
- Developers, business analysts, Infra teams and 3rd party vendors of our systems.
- Other business users and IT teams in APAC regions
Primarily responsible for the production support of all onshore systems of China Securities, providing proactive and reactive support to our business and clients.
- Incident management - business and technology communication, coordination and resolution of incidents, from external issues such as exchange problems to in-house/vendor application bugs impacting the production environment.
- Problem management – post incident review with strong focus on permanent resolution and re-occurrence avoidance.
- Investigations into system behavior with queries directly from the business user and external parties (Clients, Exchanges, regulatory bodies, etc.)
- Drive an excellent operational environment for all business applications from daily tasks, incident & problem management, change and new application / service onboarding.
- Act as primary liaison from technology for local business/external initiatives. Ensure the technology solutions delivered by global/regional teams meet the local requirements.
- Work with regulatory bodies/exchange/external partners around the IT solutions/deliveries.
- Close collaboration with regional/global teams to leverage on best practice, processes, resources, and ensuring there is a common/collective approach to issues/problems
- Release management – being the gatekeepers for the production environment, ensuring all changes are understood and scheduled appropriately
- Deployments – binary/configuration changes to onshore systems after market close or during weekend
- Preparation for market events such as mandatory exchange upgrades, expiry days, index rebalance days, etc.
- Automation of delivery pipeline & repetitive tasks
- Implement continuous improvement, including operational efficiency, production monitoring, and policy/procedures
- Work closely with various teams (business, operations/finance and compliance), regional/global peers and 3rd party vendors to deliver projects on-time and with high quality.
- Focus on transformational project work across the wider IT Production organization
Permanent Control Aspects
For all staff other than managers:
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline.
For Global Markets Middle Office, Operations, IT, etc.:
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Expertise on ITSM and ITIL framework
- Good knowledge with monitoring and deployment tools
- Strong Application support skills with Devops capability, including
• Scripting: Linux/shell, Perl, etc.
• Ability to write SQL to extract, patch data and troubleshooting with rational DB
• Knowledge In-memory data structure store (Redis)
• Web programming (JSP, React), Python or Java is desired
• Understanding of Agile methodology is a plus
- Self-sufficient drive and ability to work round blockers in a sustainable manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and excellent problem solving abilities
- Proactive and able to work independently
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Must hold CSRC Securities Practitioner Certificate
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science (or related).
- 3-8 years working experience in financial institution as IT professional.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (spoken and written)
- Experience in managing vendor and supplier relationships is desired.
- Knowledge of markets products (Equities, F&O) & Regulator Reporting
- Good understanding of SSE/SZSE Product/trading rules, CSRC/ CSDC regulations
- Good mindset of risk management and cyber security.