BNP Paribas supports the Women’s Forum Global Meeting, which will be held this year from 20 to...
BNP Paribas signs the G20 Charter for Engagement Women leading climate action
On Wednesday, June 26, members of the Women & Climate Daring Circle sign the G20 Charter for Engagement Women leading climate action. They are convinced that women have an essential contribution to make in the fight against climate change. On Thursday, June 27, this Charter will be presented to the Japanese government, Heads of state and governments of G20 member countries.
Women in climate action
The members Companies commit to advancing the five goals of the Charter for Engagement on women leading climate action:
- Achieve gender equality in climate decision-making bodies by 2030
- Raise awareness among all generations of the interactions between gender and climate and provide girls with access to education and green jobs
- Improve access to essential and productive means to enable women’s full engagement in climate change action
- Integrate gendered data to highlight and inform the development of climate policies and actions
- Finance and develop gender responsive and scalable social, economic and technological climate solutions
“The added value of bringing women into climate action is obvious and we support many initiatives which aim at empowering women through access to finance and access to green technologies”, says Laurence Pessez, Head of CSR for BNP Paribas, and representing the Group at the Women’s Forum Kyoto.
Photo credit : header ©OlgaDm
Read moreAll news
When it comes to combating climate change, men and women are not on equal footing. Because of...
BNP Paribas further strengthens its commitment to gender diversity and signs up to the #JamaisSansElles charter
BNP Paribas’ Executive Committee signs up to the #JamaisSansElles Charter and becomes the...