Melting glaciers, impact on natural resources and changes in wind direction... in the poles,...
BNP Paribas launches three initiatives to fight global warming
As a leader in building a low-carbon economy, BNP Paribas has launched three initiatives to fight global warming aimed at individuals, businesses, institutional investors and professionals.
The Group is aware that working together is essential and is taking part in three international events on 11-12 December in Paris encouraging public and private players to act and innovate to speed up energy transition.
Our three most recent initiatives:
- To support individual energy transition in France, BNP Paribas has announced a 1% Energy-Efficient Auto Loan for the purchase of any new vehicle eligible for the government environmental bonus.
- BNP Paribas Asset Management Individual customers of the French network bank investing their savings in this fund, associated with BNP Paribas Cardif, will therefore have an opportunity to add an environmental impact to their savings.This fund will be invested at least 90% in existing BNP Paribas Asset Management's environment-themed funds (Water, Climate, Responsible Real Estate, etc.). The remaining maximum 10% will be invested in an investment structure dedicated to financing French and European SMEs that contribute to the energy and ecological transition in the following areas: energy efficiency, renewable energy, responsible real estate, transport and sustainable agriculture, and water and waste management and environmental services. This structure will be open to institutional/professional investors.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services will launch the first voluntary carbon offsetting market on ClimateSeed, a secure post-market platform. As the first European carbon neutral bank, BNP Paribas has decided to set up a voluntary carbon offsetting system by creating a centralised, transparent and effective market for buying and selling carbon credits for voluntary offsetting projects.
We should focus our efforts on giving everyone the means to be part of transforming our economy..
Read moreAll news
Fighting global warming and protecting biodiversity are global challenges. As a banking industry...
The 4th Climate Finance Day, a global event on sustainable finance, will take place from 26 to...