Diversity Week, starting October 12, is launched with the implementation of a new Diversity and...
2015 was a year full of innovations at BNP Paribas. We have taken this opportunity to (re)discover 5 emblematic initiatives and projects carried out by BNP Paribas over the past year.
1. Supporting Fintechs
To expand its customer relations with new and innovative solutions, BNP Paribas invests in Fintechs. Working to modernize banking and financial services, these startups pack an impressive innovation potential in the context of the digital transformation of banking.
BNP Paribas decided to support these companies through 2 complementary initiatives launched in 2015:
- The Fintech Accelerator by L’Atelier BNP Paribas will help startups meet needs expressed by the Group’s businesses and develop prototypes, with the aim of enriching the quality of relations and services offered to customers. 8 startups will be selected: candidates still have several days to submit their applications before the deadline on January 17.
- The Fintech Innovation Hub by BNP Paribas – the Group’s 15th innovation hub – provides startups with tailored consulting and banking solutions, offered by specialized Business Managers, in order to facilitate the Bank’s Open Innovation efforts.
2. Organizing an international hackathon
Also in 2015, in order to take action even earlier in the innovation process – and to detect ideas instead of startups – BNP Paribas launched the BNP Paribas International Hackathon, with the first phase taking place simultaneously in San Francisco, Paris, Brussels, Rome and Istanbul.
Working on the topic “Enhancing the customer experience”, 57 teams developed a host of promising projects. Among the 17 finalists, 6 winning teams will receive financial and logistics support to continue and complete their projects.
3. Continuing to stimulate innovation within businesses
In addition, the second season of the Innov&Connect program was launched in 2015. Its aim is to connect innovative and creative startups with Mid-Size Businesses (MSB) in order to stimulate innovation and support common projects by mobilizing experts from L’Atelier BNP Paribas, as well as innovation teams from the retail banking network in France.
The program’s first season led to co-experiments to test creative and innovative solutions in the fields of connected security for seniors, e-health, web-to-store and more.
4. Connecting startups at a coworking space
To support this program, we opened 2 WAI (We Are Innovation) locations in Spring 2015 in Paris and Massy-Saclay. These spaces dedicated to housing the Innov&Connect program offer meeting rooms, coworking spaces, conference halls and direct access to the Group’s innovation financing players and its international networks.
5. Democratizing innovation and new technologies
Finally, to democratize innovation, the BNP Paribas concept store opened a Corner for a Changing World. This unique space offered products and services providing a response to major challenges facing society, such as waste management, fighting pollution and conserving water resources.
Open to everyone, the exhibition illustrated the Group’s commitment to innovation in every form through a presentation of various solutions: clothing made from milk protein, water-purifying straw or the Parrot connected sensor alerting apartment residents to their plants’ needs.
Whether it comes to traditional banking activities, support for startups, or connecting expertise, 2016 promises to offer just as many innovations at BNP Paribas as 2015.
Read moreAll news
Sustainable finance plays a key role in serving a more responsible economy, in two aspects in...
The Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative programme celebrates its first generation of peace ambassadors
42 young people from the first promotion of the programme graduated on 3 December 2020. The...