A look back over the Paris Fintech Forum 2019
On 29 and 30 January, BNP Paribas, as Platinum partner, attended the Paris Fintech Forum organised at the Palais Brongniart. The fourth edition of the event attracted 2,700 visitors from 75 different countries, while the BNP Paribas lounge attracted more than 1,000 visitors. We take a look back on the two days of sharing and discussion about digital finance.
Co-creating, accelerating, banking and investingOver the last few years, the Group has developed a strong relationship with start-ups, and specifically Fintechs, based on four pillars: co-creating, accelerating, banking and investing. This cooperation is intended to support the bank’s digital transformation while supporting the development of Fintechs. These are now an integral part of the global economic fabric, creating value and jobs.
Within the BNP Paribas lounge, numerous Group experts and Fintech representatives attended 11 conferences to discuss various issues, such as:
- open innovation, necessary in all the bank’s business lines to constantly improve customer experiences and to develop agile working methods
- customisation of the banking experience to respond to customers’ new expectations (use of Artificial Intelligence, voice or even robot advisors etc.)
- innovation in risk management and cooperation with Regtechs
- integration of new business models, enabling different but complementary services to be offered, such as Nickel, the neobank that promotes banking inclusion
- investment in Fintechs, through specialist investment funds such as Opera Tech Ventures,
“ We are proud to be able to propose robot advisory to our clients after having acquired Gambit and successfully rolling it out ”
CEO of BNP Paribas Asset Management
Photo credits : header ©BNP Paribas // ©Pavlo Vakhrushev
Read moreAll news
BNP Paribas supports the Women’s Forum Global Meeting, which will be held this year from 20 to...
Promoting greater gender equality is a key priority at BNP Paribas. Every year, the Group...