Vote for the 13th Mobile Film Festival audience prize!
From 10 November 2017 till 9 January 2018, the Mobile Film Festival launched its call for films. Many entries from France (41.2%) and abroad (58.8%) were received for the selection. Today the 50 films officially selected for the 13th edition are on line.
The concept of the Mobile Film Festival
The Mobile Film Festival is an event that celebrates the art of short films. Professional and amateur film-makers are invited to challenge their ingeniousness, creativity and technology based on the principle: 1 MOBILE, 1 MINUTE, 1 FILM.
Started in 2005 by Bruo Smadja, the festival each year brings us some creative gems. The concept is to encourage film-makers to express their ideas through pictures and emotions, all in one minute.
By opening the call for entries to the general public for free, the Mobile Film Festival aims to democratise access to film-making through technology.
The public can vote from 30 January till 27 February 2018. 6 winners will receive various prizes during the closing ceremony on 13 March 2018 at the cinema MK2 Bibliothèque:
- Grand Prix France (BNP Paribas grant of €15,000 to produce a film)
- Grand Prix International (BNP Paribas grant of €15,000 to produce a film)
- Best Direction Award (CNC grant of € 3,000 to help write a film)
- Best Screenplay Award (CNC grant of € 3,000 to help write a film)
- Best Performance by an Actor Award
- Best Performance by an Actress Award
3 awards will also be given for: Critical Spirit Award; Digital Jury Award; and Audience Award.
The jury president for this 13th edition will be Patrice Leconte (director, screenwriter, producer and writer), winner of a César (French national film awards) for Best Director in 1997 for Ridicule and director of the legendary film series Les Bronzés. Alongside him, among others, will be:
- Ruben Alves: Actor and director (The Gilded Cage, 2013, winner of the Public Prize at the Alpe d'Huez Festival)
- Stefi Celma: Actress and singer who became famous through the series Call My Agent
- Amelle Chahbi: Actress, writer and director (Take-Away Romance, 2014)
- Anne-Sophie Bion: Editor on The Artist, 2011 (nominated for Best Film Editing at the Césars, BAFA and Oscars)
- Alice David: actress (discovered in the series Bref, she also appeared in Les Profs, Babysitting 1 & 2 and Les Ex)
- Lola Dewaere: actress (nominated for a Best Young Actress César for the film Mince alors! in 2013)
- Pascal Elbé: actor, director and screenwriter (nominated for a Best Young Actor César for the film Father and Sons in 2004)
- Céline Kamina: artistic agent at UBBA
Mobile Film Festival 2018www.mobilefilmfestival.fr
The verdict will be pronounced on 13 March! BNP Paribas is a partner of the festival helping to go beyond the discovery of young talents. We invite you to discover the creative artists' selection for the 13th festival and to vote for your favourite entriesVisit
Read moreAll news
On Thursday, July 5th, the jury of the VR Arles Festival announced the winners of this 2018...
The Lumière festival will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year in Lyon, from Saturday...