From 12th to 20th October, the 2019 Lumière Festival (the Grand Lyon Film Festival) will be...
Lumière Festival 2016
The 8th edition of the Lumière Festival will be held from Saturday 8 to Sunday 16 October in Lyon. Created in 2009 by the Institut Lumière, the festival has become one of the largest international festivals of classic cinema. Last year, 152,000 festivalgoers attended 371 screenings in 60 venues in the Lyon Metropolis in France.
Lumière Festival 2016 :
390 screenings, 180 films, in 24 municipalities of the metropolis of Lyon.
- Invitations to actresses and actors, filmmakers, film music composers : Quentin Tarantino, Monica Bellucci and Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- The Lumière Award, presented to Catherine Deneuve, after Clint Eastwood, Milos Forman, Gérard Depardieu, Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese.
- Retrospectives dedicated to great filmmakers who have made or are still making cinema history, of all genres and all eras.
- Screenings introduced by actors, filmmakers, historians, film critics, and by our "Lumière Ambassadors."
- Places to get together: the Village festival in the Institut Lumière Park, the barge La Plateforme at night... and a mâchon at a restaurant in Lyon!
- A festival for all, inclusive of everyone: hospitalized children, inmates, those in reintegration programs, schoolchildren...
BNP Paribas, official partner of Lumière Festival 2016
On behalf of its passion for the 7th art, BNP Paribas is the official partner of the Lumière Festival since its beginning, in 2009. The Group is pleased to be partner of this event which showcases the city of Lyon as a land of cinema, and home of a structure as unique as the Institut Lumière. See you in Lyon, to experience the best of cinema, with BNP Paribas, partner of all cinemas for over 20 years!
Lumière Festival 2016www.festival-lumiere.org
Once a year in Lyon, the birthplace of the Cinematograph, the cinema world celebrates the vitality and memory of film, taking a contemporary journey through works of the past. Thanks to all the participating theaters, the festival shines across Lyon and its surrounding area, reaching a wide audience.Visit
Read moreAll news
Promoting greater gender equality is a key priority at BNP Paribas. Every year, the Group...
Renamed Montpellier Danse 40 bis, following the rescheduling provoked by the Covid19 pandemic,...