Discover the 17th edition of TANJAzz from the 22nd to the 25th of September 2016 in Tanger,...
Lumière Festival 2016
The 8th edition of the Lumière Festival will be held from Saturday 8 to Sunday 16 October in Lyon. Created in 2009 by the Institut Lumière, the festival has become one of the largest international festivals of classic cinema. Last year, 152,000 festivalgoers attended 371 screenings in 60 venues in the Lyon Metropolis in France.
Lumière Festival 2016 :
390 screenings, 180 films, in 24 municipalities of the metropolis of Lyon.
- Invitations to actresses and actors, filmmakers, film music composers : Quentin Tarantino, Monica Bellucci and Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- The Lumière Award, presented to Catherine Deneuve, after Clint Eastwood, Milos Forman, Gérard Depardieu, Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese.
- Retrospectives dedicated to great filmmakers who have made or are still making cinema history, of all genres and all eras.
- Screenings introduced by actors, filmmakers, historians, film critics, and by our "Lumière Ambassadors."
- Places to get together: the Village festival in the Institut Lumière Park, the barge La Plateforme at night... and a mâchon at a restaurant in Lyon!
- A festival for all, inclusive of everyone: hospitalized children, inmates, those in reintegration programs, schoolchildren...
BNP Paribas, official partner of Lumière Festival 2016
On behalf of its passion for the 7th art, BNP Paribas is the official partner of the Lumière Festival since its beginning, in 2009. The Group is pleased to be partner of this event which showcases the city of Lyon as a land of cinema, and home of a structure as unique as the Institut Lumière. See you in Lyon, to experience the best of cinema, with BNP Paribas, partner of all cinemas for over 20 years!
Lumière Festival 2016www.festival-lumiere.org
Once a year in Lyon, the birthplace of the Cinematograph, the cinema world celebrates the vitality and memory of film, taking a contemporary journey through works of the past. Thanks to all the participating theaters, the festival shines across Lyon and its surrounding area, reaching a wide audience.Visit
The "Crazy Days" of Warsaw will be held from the 23rd to the 25th September 2016 in Warsaw,...
Every year, the Lumière film festival in Lyon, France pays tribute to the movies by rolling out...